It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2003, 12:56 PM   #1

Redmark1 HB User
Post Just washing your face in water?

do you think that if you just gave up all the acne topical treatments you use, soap, moisterizers, cleansers etc.. and just use water to wash your face every morning and night might help your acne? Has anyone actually tried this? I'm thinking of trying it before i go buy cleansers and moisterizers etc...

Any replies will be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 04-21-2003, 01:23 PM   #2

charlesxavier HB User
no. just water isnt going to wash away oil and bacteria.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2003, 04:16 PM   #3
Veteran

TiredOfThisAll HB User
Well.. don't knock it till youve tried it my friend. I wash with just water, and it works great for me.. my skin has never been better. It removes the oil, without drying your face. So yes, it does help.. at least for me. so you can say what you want, ill continue using just water, and actually living my life without killing my skin with harsh chemicals.

Old 04-21-2003, 05:03 PM   #4

Redmark1 HB User
I'm happy it works for you Tiredofallthis, i think i will try it

Old 04-22-2003, 01:19 AM   #5

charlesxavier HB User
odd considering oil and water dont mix....you sure thats really an effective way of cleaning it off your own face?
hey if washing with ONLY water helps then go for it. i just dont see this as being effective. ive never tried it and i dont plan on it; i like using cleansers.
not all cleansers are full of "harsh chemicals".
you want to clean your skin well. all that oil that youll be missing with just water, all that dirt and/or dead skin cells, all that kerotin (oil thats mixed with dead skin, dirt, etc) is very sticky and gluey and takes a bit more than water to get rid of. in time, thats going to just keep collecting till you know what happens.

Old 04-22-2003, 06:23 AM   #6

scudboy HB User
To me, definetely doing nothing is the best way to stop breaking out. I haven't got a single acne ever since i stop using cleansers from 4 years ago. Lately, I've been using some products to get rid of my scars from before and guess what? i'm breaking out for the first time in 4 years!
the way i see it is oil doesn't REALLY give u acne. I had more oil during those 4 years than i do now, but i never broke out. my forehead's oily as hell, but not a single pimple.
Anyway, what i usually do is take a shower morning and night. my face feels real cleans after a shower.

Closed Thread