It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2005, 11:00 AM   #1
(female)

picksie HB User
Acne & wrinkles

I'm starting to get lines on either side of my nose halfway to my mouth and a line between my eyebrows (frown line).... I was wondering if anyone here uses a good wrinkle cream for problem skin that actually works! I can't seem to find a foundation I like with the retinoid or whatever in either....

Old 01-25-2005, 09:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

waterlily HB User
Re: Acne & wrinkles

The Epidermx microdermation cream will help clear acne and level off lines. I use it with Silkia camellia oil and have had great results for lines and pitted acne scars.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2005, 01:25 AM   #3
(female)

acnescargirl HB User

hi ! water lily after i read your post i looked up the two epidermix and the camileai oil.. i was wondierng does it hlep with bump scars too? or just the pits ? it looks like great stuff. how long ahve u been on it ? do u know a good place to get it semi - chea p ?

Old 01-26-2005, 10:12 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

waterlily HB User

I'm not very sure about the bump scars. I think it helps because when you massage the cream on your face to create the microdermabrasion effect, the crystals will flatten the bumps. How effective it is depends on the type of bumps and whether they are very big and hard. I had some very stubborn, small, hard white bumps on my cheeks (not sure if they were clogged pores or what not), the Epidermx got rid of them in one use. Of course it'll take much longer if they are scars.

I've been using it for about 7 months. I use it twice a week and the jar (2oz) still has a third left. You only need to use a tiny amount each time. I don't know where you can get it cheaper. I got mine at Goldport Beauty and it was free shipping.

Old 01-28-2005, 05:52 AM   #5
(female)

picksie HB User

waterlilly: thanks for the info, I checked out this website and am considering ordering it. I do have one question for you. My current routine is washing twice daily with Cetaphil, one daily with Neutrogena blackhead daily scrub and once or twice with Neutrogena Multi Vitamin Acne Treatment (w/ salycillic). Would I still use the acne lotion or scrub with the epidermex and camillia oil?

Also, I am skeptical of the oil on my face - making it break out. Have you heard of this before? What I don't need it more acne lol!

Old 01-28-2005, 08:19 AM   #6

shisimagum HB User

A good foundation with retinol in it is sally hansen compact make up. I forgot which one it was. but it is the antiaging one.

Old 01-28-2005, 09:11 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

veggie girl HB User

Renova is good for wrinkles AND acne. Ask you derm about it. Only bad thing is it makes the skin a little dry so only use it a few times a week rather than every day.

Old 01-28-2005, 10:50 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

waterlily HB User

picksie:

You can still use the current lotion/scrub with the Epidermx. You can wash your face with Cetaphil before Epidermx (I don't use any cleanser before the Epidermx as it thoroughly cleans my skin already). But you don't need to use the Neutrogena scrub on the days you use the Epidermx. After a few weeks, I think you don't need to use the Neutrogena scrub any more.

I've heard of a few small breakouts with camellia oil. But many others have no problems, including some from this board that said they had oily skin. So just like anything else, everyone's reaction to a skin care product is different. You don't need to use it if you are concerned, or test it on a small patch of your skin before going full face.

Old 01-28-2005, 01:05 PM   #9
(female)

acnescargirl HB User

hey waterlily!! i missed your previous post to me ! thanks for the info is your acne inactiv when you use epidermix ? i heard somewhere its not good to use microderm on active acne.

Closed Thread