It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2005, 03:09 PM   #1

girlygal HB User
Murad acne complex system

Has anyone tried Murad I just saw a commercial for it for the first time and I am curious about it? Any Info appreciated?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2005, 03:25 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Needzhelp HB User
Re: Murad acne complex system

That thing hurt! I tried it with minimal results. Better off with proactiv.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2005, 03:56 PM   #3

girlygal HB User

How did it hurt? thanks for telling me I use proactiv now but I thought maybe I should switch I have been breaking out lately and I thought maybe the proactiv is wearing off.

Old 01-25-2005, 09:08 PM   #4
(male)

FranktheTank HB User

Don't waste your money on murad. Did nothing for me. Pro active didn't help me either. I'm on accutane and I'm praying for the best.

Old 01-25-2005, 10:34 PM   #5
(female)

wintermitts HB User

Murad has done wonders for me. I adore it. Cleared everything up and changed my skin texture.. and everything for the better. My skin is practically perfect now.

Proactive wasted my time.

Old 01-26-2005, 07:11 AM   #6

girlygal HB User

Thanks Joni, I am using proactiv my skin was clear for 2 months and now is breaking out so I was thinking maybe I should try something new that the proactiv was wearing off, this happened to me a year ago I used the proactiv my skin was clear for a year then broke out I stopped using it for a while started again it cleared now it is breaking out.

Old 01-30-2005, 11:56 PM   #7
(female)

Kiwi17 HB User

I have tried Murad and all it did was sting really bad and didn't help me at all! I also tried ProActive at first it seemed like it was helping, but then i always had the same amount of acne as before i went on it, and i used it for about a year! Now i just use Biore Ice and a toner every day and Aztec Indian Healing Clay as a mask 2-3 times a week and it works great

Old 01-31-2005, 03:54 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

deltoro HB User

I wish I had good things to say about Murad, but I don't. It sent my skin into a horrible tailspin but I continued to use the products hoping it was just an intial breakout, etc. It didn't work out that way. I could not believe the mess it made of my skin, my skin isn't even sensitive! I would encourage you to be very leary of this program, I had high hopes, but the results where devestating to my face. Proactive didn't make my skin worse, it just didn't work. And just a heads up to anyone that might have not read the "fine print" on these Murad and Proactive, they advise you to stay on any prescribed meds, etc. What a joke for Jessica Simpson to be advocating proactive. Can anyone guess why here skin is so beautiful? Let me just fill you in, she stated in an interview that she has been on Acutane and that"IT was the best thing she ever did for her skin" just be carefull and always read the fine print before spending a ton of money trying to fix your face. I have learned the hard way two many times! Sorry for the rant!

Old 02-10-2005, 03:19 AM   #9
(female)

kloke2005 HB User

Murad is the best especially if you have very sensitive skin my advice to you is that you should try it and find out for yourself. There is no benzol peroxide and it works slowly but surely you just have to be very patient with this product. I have bad acne and it's clearing it up really good. Try it patience is a virtue.

Old 02-10-2005, 05:30 AM   #10
Inactive
(female)

evy38 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlygal
Thanks Joni, I am using proactiv my skin was clear for 2 months and now is breaking out so I was thinking maybe I should try something new that the proactiv was wearing off, this happened to me a year ago I used the proactiv my skin was clear for a year then broke out I stopped using it for a while started again it cleared now it is breaking out.
Your body get used to something, prepares itself and whatever you are using stops working. Use something different for 1 week, then go back to your product. It will work again.

Old 02-10-2005, 03:21 PM   #11
(female)

sydneysmommie HB User

Sensitive skin types should WATCH out before using any type of Alpha Hydroxy product like this....You could cause more damage with this especially if you have a mild case of Rosacea or Ecxema and are not aware!

Be CAREFUL!

You can NEVER change your skin type you can only change the condition of the skin....

Old 02-10-2005, 03:39 PM   #12
(female)

Fedupwithit HB User

I tried the Murad system for about a week, and I am reacting terribly. My face is actually swollen. I am taking Benadryl and Ibuprofen to calm it down. It is almost like I got a bad sunburn. There are tiny fluid filled blisters all over my face. I was sooooo hopeful that this would be the last product that I would ever have to buy. Just be careful and don't try the product if you have a major or important event coming up, in case you have this reaction.

Old 02-10-2005, 06:07 PM   #13
(female)

sydneysmommie HB User

Unfortunately those pus areas are called pustules....Infected pores...

Try aloe gel to calm it down. 100% pure from a health food store is your best bet. alot of brands say they are 100% but they are not.

As I mentioned in my earlier email, some people cannot handle the Glycolic Acid in Murad. It sounds like you may be sensitive to it. Don't worry you did not cause any major damage to your skin. It just may be uncomfortable for a few days. The Benedryl may help with that.

Aloe can also help with oily skin and Acne too. Please be careful when taking other peoples advice about skin care products. Unless they are professsionals who know your skin personally, this would be a bad move.

What works for some may not be good for you. Next time try something less invasive. I have very sensitive skin and very oily skin. I also need to be very cautious.

When I worked in Skin Care, you would not believe the clients I had with some of the products they tried! OUCH!

Closed Thread