It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2005, 12:13 AM   #1
Veteran
(male)

Accutane Dude HB User
Been a while... need some advice guys!

Hello everyone, you old schoolers will remember me I had very serious acne a while ago. Anyways I thought I'd update you.

Here's a brief synopsis of my situation. I went on accutane, acne went away... acne came back, went on accutane... acne didn't go away until the entire 6 months was over. After the treatment i went on a benzyl peroxide/antibiotic mix that goes in the fridge and my acne went away. I'm not sure if it was the accutane finally taking hold that did it or the BP.

Okay! now it's been about 2-3 months and I've had minor acne that is very tolerable. However, the last couple weeks I have been getting very small white heads all over my face about literally the diamter of pen head, but still pretty noticeable. Also i'm noticing despite putting on the cream my face is still a lot more greasy then it was a month or 2 ago. I'm curious what you guys think I should do from here? Should I go back to the derm? Continue what i'm doing or just live with it? It's pretty bothering and today when i was hangin out with my friends I noticed i was very uncomfortable and kept thinking about it. I'd say mainly it just bothers me cause my face is this really weird speckly red .... you know what i mean? like red all over type thing, especially in my t-zone....i just got back from mexico and my face was great over there, now that i'm back and sunburned it's just red and even more red where other spots were, very ugly.....let me know what you guys think.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2005, 01:59 AM   #2
(female)

acnescargirl HB User
Re: Been a while... need some advice guys!

hey ! i just signed up but i remember reading your posts whil i have been suffering with acne this past year ! nice 2 finaly meet you my sister did accutane before and she has those white bumps too. i have them too . i think you could try to get them out with some retin a or differen or else go get extractions done and use a salicylic or glycolic acid to keep your pores from clogging up again. i think anywa! good luck

Closed Thread