It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2005, 02:24 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

alpha.raph HB User
Arrow If You have tried Epidermx or Camellia Oil, Reply Here

What is your problem? Fine lines? wrinkles? Blemishes and scars? if they did work, how long did it take before you started seeing results? How many times do you apply per week? Would you recommend this to other people?

Thx.

Old 01-26-2005, 05:05 PM   #2
(female)

acnescargirl HB User
Re: If You have tried Epidermx or Camellia Oil, Reply Here

*bump* id liek to know about this too

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2005, 05:12 PM   #3
Inactive

shannamarie36 HB User

Is epidermx okay when you still have active zits or is it something for when you have cleared up and want to rid yourself of scars?

Old 01-26-2005, 06:22 PM   #4
(female)

acnescargirl HB User

my derm said microdermabrasion isnt really for "active " acne.s he said chemcial peels are better

Old 01-26-2005, 07:21 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Sahuja12 HB User

I used both for about three months... I really liked the camellia oil. Gave your face a nice glow. Same with Epidermx. It helped with red spots also. Only thing is, after 3 months of use, I suddenly broke out quite badly. I don't know if it was from the Epidermx/Camellia oil. I dont know what caused my large breakout...But for the time being, I have stopped using both and gone on antibiotics and benzamycin....

Old 01-26-2005, 08:32 PM   #6
(male)

Speedyguy HB User

The camellia oil is the best moisturizer i've used, my skin was always oily before and now it seems like it is at the perfect balance. I have no new breakouts from using it either.

Old 01-26-2005, 09:23 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

waterlily HB User

I've been using Epidermx and Silkia camellia oil for about 7 months. I use the Epidermx twice a week, and the Silkia camellia oil every morning and night.

My problems were small fine lines around my eyes, mild to moderately deep acne scar indents on the forehead, blackheads, clogged pores, red marks and pretty dull skin. I also had a few small minor pimples when I first started using them. The Epidermx cleared them up and to my surpise I didn't break out from the camellia oil. My skin looks much more healthy and have had fewer breakouts after using these products.

The initial results I saw was elimination of blackheads, red marks and clogged pores - in less than a month. I used the camellia oil around my eyes also and the small fine lines there were also gone in about a month. It gave me a nice glow on the face. After 2 months, I saw my face brightened up a lot - very clear and glowy. At that point, my skin looked so good that I could confidently go out without any makeup. The small acne scar indents have taken longer to see results. So far in 7 months, they are about 70% better.

Some people say that if you want faster results for the acne scars, you can use the Epidermx/Silkia camellia oil on the scars alone more frequently, instead of doing the whole face for 2 or 3 times a week only. But I don't have that much time to do that.

Old 01-27-2005, 12:40 PM   #8
Inactive
(male)

alpha.raph HB User

I have a few questions about application of Epidermx.

Our face shouldn’t be too wet, not should it be too dry right?
So would it be a good idea just to wash the face… then tap it lightly with a towel, then apply the epidermx?

Next, when we are rubbing the cream in circular motions on our face, how can we really tell if skin is peeling off? I know we are supposed to see “eraser marks”, which I do seee, but I can’t tell difference whether it is really dry skin peeling off or whether it is just the epidermx crčme that I am peeling off. Sometimes I feel like I’m just applying the cream on the face, then after rubbing it on my face for 3-5 minutes, that I just rubbing to the point that actual cream peels off, not my skin.

In this case, how long do you really rub your face? I was told that I have to rub PAST the point when the eraser marks come off. am I doing it right? When I do that, it just seems like I have rubbing against dry skin and it begins to turn red. I’m assuming having a red face is normal after rubbing. The resides subsides in a few hours anywayz.

Thx.

Old 01-27-2005, 01:36 PM   #9
(female)

malia81 HB User

does anyone know if silkia actually has retinoids and AHAs in it? on their site it claims to increase the absorbtion of retinoids/ahas...but where are they from? the oil itself or was there supposed to be another applicaiton of these products and the oil just HELPS these get absorbed?

Old 01-27-2005, 06:34 PM   #10

AcidRain HB User

It's a carrier oil, and the epidermx cream contains some AHAs in it.

Old 01-27-2005, 06:43 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

Anibanani HB User

I tried camelia to greasy it made me break out

Old 01-27-2005, 07:23 PM   #12
(female)

acnescargirl HB User

so tamanu does not clog pores ? what is your daily regmine ?

Old 01-28-2005, 01:28 PM   #13
Inactive
(male)

alpha.raph HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha.raph
I have a few questions about application of Epidermx.

Our face shouldn’t be too wet, but it shouldn't it be too dry right?
So would it be a good idea just to wash the face… then tap it lightly with a towel, then apply the epidermx?

Next, when we are rubbing the cream in circular motions on our face, how can we really tell if skin is peeling off? I know we are supposed to see “eraser marks”, which I do seee, but I can’t tell difference whether it is really dry skin peeling off or whether it is just the epidermx crčme that I am peeling off. Sometimes I feel like I’m just applying the cream on the face, then after rubbing it on my face for 3-5 minutes, that I just rubbing to the point that actual cream peels off, not my skin.

In this case, how long do you really rub your face? I was told that I have to rub PAST the point when the eraser marks come off. am I doing it right? When I do that, it just seems like I have rubbing against dry skin and it begins to turn red. I’m assuming having a red face is normal after rubbing. The resides subsides in a few hours anywayz.
can anybody my questions in this previous post?

Old 01-28-2005, 01:35 PM   #14
(female)

acnescargirl HB User

i want the epidermix just so i can see the balls of exfoileated skin! that sounds way cool and yes im a aweirdo . lol

Old 01-28-2005, 05:17 PM   #15
Veteran
(female)

Anibanani HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by acnescargirl
so tamanu does not clog pores ? what is your daily regmine ?
NO tamanu does not clog your pores- my daily regime is wash my face once every night with camocare sleanser- this stuff is amazing I swear to God it has camomille,comphrey, calendula, elder folwer, lavender, sea salt witch hazel, it just amazing it has helped my skin so much I love it, so after I cleanse with that I put tamanu oil and jojoba on top and thats it in the morning I blot the oil off with clean and clear blotting sheets and I'm good to go.

Closed Thread