It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2005, 03:19 PM   #1
(male)

as.we.fade777 HB User
is proactive a waste of money???

ive been on doryx for 6months and now minocycline for four. With no sucess. I was on some script Benzyol Peroxide pads and creams that didnt help at all. Now im 3months into Differin and my skin got better for a little and now is as bad as ever. Should i ditch the Differin for Proactive? i have had mild acne for 4 years and now moderate/severe for 2+ What is next if Differin continues to fail??? I hate my life. really

Old 01-26-2005, 03:25 PM   #2
(female)

sammy726 HB User
Re: is proactive a waste of money???

I've tried Proactive twice and hated it each time. It's extremely harsh, especially on sensitive skin. When I was trying to use it, my face was so tight, dry, and red that it hurt to talk, and I got more pimples! I wouldn't recommend it, BUT, if you do try it and don't like it, you can get your money back - just keep the reciept/invoice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2005, 03:41 PM   #3
(male)

dkd5 HB User

I just bought proactive and if your skin is sensitive to benzoyl peroxide itll be a little red and irritating for probably a week untill your skin gets used to it and youll probably get more acne but what is happening is the acne that has already developed inside your skin is coming out, so thats why you seem to get more acne when you first use proactive, but it takes like 2 months for the full results of proactive. If your going to use proactive follow every single rule they tell you in the booklet and it should work.

Old 01-26-2005, 03:53 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Needzhelp HB User

I tried it with success only for 2-3 months and then I just brokeout again.

Old 01-26-2005, 04:11 PM   #5
(male)

xghostsniperx HB User

I would say so. It's ok for mild acne, but for moderate/severe, it does nothing.

Old 01-26-2005, 04:17 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

tiggerbuddy HB User

i would stick with the differin/mino combo for a couple more months. Sometimes it'll take up to 6 months to see results.

Old 01-26-2005, 04:30 PM   #7

scorpion4377 HB User

Depends. If your skin is very, very stong, its good. My skin is so sensitive, and it ruins my skin. It turns my chin oily, painful, and blood red.

Every acne medicene does this to me, though.

Old 01-26-2005, 05:23 PM   #8
(male)

Pilky HB User

Ya like others, it turned my skin red. Plus its fairly expensive.

Old 01-26-2005, 07:59 PM   #9
(female)

acnescargirl HB User

everybody is diffrent and diffrent things work for everyone.. its up to you :

- are you willing to pay the money even tho it might not work ?
- are you willing to stick to it long enogh to see if it works ?

it seems like your acne is really severe tho. who knows if it will work.. if u do it, pelase take some supplemetns too liek zinc and fish oils so u have some back up !

Old 01-26-2005, 08:51 PM   #10

kittikat HB User

Don't waste your money on the Proactive Acne Treatment. It is an expensive way of distrubuting benzoyl peroxide. Clean your skin with a mild cleanser and get a tube of the mildest benzoyl peroxide you can find (2.5%) and then apply it. In my opinion, benzoyl peroxide is the worst for the skin. It will age you far beyond your chronological years.

Old 01-26-2005, 08:57 PM   #11

RandomHerox HB User

I bought Proactiv Solution today actually. It already seems to be working after just one use! I didn't really have too bad acne, near my hairline on the right side of my face. I don't really have sensitive skin either. I think it just depends on the skin type, that's all there is to it.

Old 01-27-2005, 08:40 AM   #12
(male)

senoflys HB User

I would stay away from proactive. I used to think it worked but that was only for a little bit. It is a huge waste of money imo. If you go to Google and serach for optaderm the first link you get is this great company in Vancouver. For about the same price as proactive you will get two huge bottles of face wash and toner and this stuff is incredible. You can also check out all the other products they have, I have been using it for two months now and have seen great results.

Old 01-27-2005, 09:20 AM   #13
(female)

Michelle2175 HB User

I would not get it... I bought it and it costed me a fortune and it didn't work at all. Just like what everyone else said that it's really harsh on your skin and I didn't see any results from it at all... it only made it majorly dry and red. Save your money and try something different...

Old 01-27-2005, 11:38 AM   #14
(female)

Iadinae HB User

hrmmm I saw a huge diffeerence the first week I was using it. I have heard such good htings about it, I'm surprised to hear everyone saying it is not all that great. Anyway, I bought it before finding these boards and now a few weeks into using the proactive I have more pimples than I did before I started using it and my face is SO dry, tight, and looks wrinkled. It really looks awful. There is NO moisture in my face at all right now. The first week I raved and raved about how well it worked. I don't know weather to continue to the full 6-8 weeks, or just get my money back right now.

Old 01-29-2005, 04:46 PM   #15
Inactive
(male)

davelacb HB User

personally i hated the crap but some people swear by it if you can find it cheap I guess you could try it. i still think a good diet is the best

Closed Thread