It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2005, 08:02 PM   #1
(female)

acnescargirl HB User
regerist

hey . i was doing online researching about oil of olay regenerist. supposedly it has a amnio peptide complex which regenerates the skin and creates healthy skin tissue or something. do u think that this sounds like it might work ? what do u all think ?

Old 01-26-2005, 08:12 PM   #2
(male)

andertrack HB User
Wink Re: regerist

Just from your post it sounds like a protein type thing. I dont think that proteins, much less amino acids can get through the skin. It also sounds like they are throwing around big words for the fun of it. I see that alot with all of this acne medicine crap, and it really annoys me. Cheerio!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2005, 09:31 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

waterlily HB User
Re: regerist

I've used it and liked it. It won't clear acne or get rid of pitted scars. But it'll give you a generally nicer looking texture and makes your skin feel smooth. It's basically a good moisturizer, though I didn't find it very moisturizing - I had to put camellia oil over it for extra hydration. I actually found this combination wonderful for my skin.

Old 01-27-2005, 07:29 PM   #4
(female)

acnescargirl HB User

i just bought this and looked at the back, it has camellia oil in it!!!

Old 01-27-2005, 07:31 PM   #5
(male)

andertrack HB User

How many products are you buying/using all at once? I think you should be carefull about what kind of stuff you put on your face all in succession...

Old 01-27-2005, 10:11 PM   #6
(female)

acnescargirl HB User

not too many things. blah. i dont know what to do for my face anymore

Old 01-28-2005, 03:39 AM   #7
(female)

acnescargirl HB User

i am reading online and some people wrote in their reviews that this gave them pustules/comedones. has anybody had the same experince?

oh and im not putting all this on my face at once. im doing research to find the best products for my skin. im not using everything i ask about. im just asking about them before i try them.

Old 01-28-2005, 12:25 PM   #8
(female)

CherryroseQT HB User

I LOVE Olay regenerist. I use the L'Oreal Micro Derm Kit a few times a week and I use Olay Regenerist in the AM & PM. My skin improved dramatically when I first used these products. The Micro Derm evened out my skin tones and is reducing my scarring. Also, a great new Make-up i just tried is the "dream matte mouse" by Maybaline. I like it better then my MAC compact. I apply it with a liquid brush. It works SO WELL if your skin is un-even from scaring.

*I would not use the Micro Derm if you are using Retin A or a peeling product. Also, remember not to apply a lot of pressure, I use my middle and ring fingers only to be sure i don't irritate my skin.

Old 01-28-2005, 01:00 PM   #9
(female)

acnescargirl HB User

cherry o right on ! how cool. so your skin got rid of the scarring ??? wow!! i always wonderd if those microdermabrasion kits like permanetly get rid of it or just temproarily. so is that your whole routine ? what do u wash with? how often do u use the serum ? is your acne in active right now OR ? lol sorry for so many quesitons. thanks!

Old 01-28-2005, 04:59 PM   #10
(female)

CherryroseQT HB User

Hello again! I do still have some scarring, but i have only been using the Microderm for 3 months. I intend to get professional micoroderm abrasion done because my best friend did and had wonderful results. She had medium to severe acne since 5th grade. At 23 she started microderm treatement and now has no scars (she continued monthly/bi-monthly treatments for about a year). It doesn't get rid of current acne (some say it helps).. she still had skin problems and resorted to Accutane to prevent additional scars. I have only used the over the counter L'oreal product. It has reduced my scarring SO MUCH. It's worked better than anything else at helping my skin tones and texture. For the price it's worth the results i have recieved. Try to purchase it at a drug store with a good return policy. That way if you have sensative skin... that doesn't react well... you can return it! (Remember you don't need to apply a lot of pressure, the surface of your skin is sensitive. It's a process that happens over time..) Although my skin instantly felt better! Every time i use it.. it feels amazing.

My Routine:
Daily
AM wash w/ Cetaphil facial clenser
apply Olay Regenerist Lotion (there is a lotion prouduct w/ UV protection)
apply neutragena Skin Clearing concealer to blemishes
apply make up

PM wash make-up off w/ Cetaphil facial clenser
apply a benzol peroxide to any blemish area's (Clean & Clear)
apply Regenerist Serum & lotion/ or Microderm lotion (included in kit)

Weekly
Use microderm L'oreal exfoliate 2-4 times per week.

This is my routine.. I was blemish free with a few break-out occasionally around my peroid while on this routine. Recently I started taking Birth Conrol pills (which i have stopped taking) Hormones effect your skin. So i have switched to a "barrier method".

My routine works great for me. I reccommend these products to all my friends. My girlfriend had acne, she began using regenarist daily and it improved her break-out SO MUCH (virtually none). She recently switched to Proactive, and her skin is blemished once again (she is in the first stages though, and just started "the ring" birth control).

Having a "routine" i think helps.. it keeps you concious. Be sure to stay hydrated as well! Skin is truley regenerated from the inside-out. Drink lots of water, and be thoughtful of what you put into your body.

Did that answer your questions? Oh, as for permanently.. the scarring i have is noticibly decreasing over time. I am continuing using the kit.. i have had the same one since November.

Last edited by CherryroseQT; 01-28-2005 at 05:00 PM.

Old 01-29-2005, 05:38 PM   #11
(female)

acnescargirl HB User

nice! that sonds like good *** ****. how long have u been on the microderm treatment ? thanks !

Old 02-05-2005, 02:34 AM   #12
(female)

acnescargirl HB User

cherry.. so the regenerist didnt clog up your pores ///??? that is good. when u say it smoothed it out. do u mean like surface scarring and minor imperfections ? thanks !

Closed Thread