It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2005, 11:25 PM   #1
(female)

acnescargirl HB User
inflammaton

hey yall my whole face is red and irritated. it looks like it is sooo irirtated and burned chemcially. today si day 3 of cetaphil only = it is still red. anybody know how long it takes for it to heal ? the other thing is i orderd the tamanu . will it be ok to use this on inflamed skin ?

Old 01-26-2005, 11:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

johnsmith007 HB User
Re: inflammaton

You need to clear some things up before I can try to help you. First off, is the redness and irritation recent, or have you had it for a while? Also, when you say irritated, are you talking about really dry (flaky) skin or just irrigated looking?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2005, 04:28 AM   #3
(female)

acnescargirl HB User

hey. it has been going on off and on a yeaqr. it started with a tea tree oil burn, then came back when i tried retin a and came bck when i tried clindamyacin. then it came back when i over did home peels and burned my face. its basically like red all over. the astetician basically said it is "inflamed" it looks like thier is bruises and the whole skin is a purple/blue bruise like color. and onlyu sometiems it burns .

Old 01-27-2005, 07:59 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

waterlily HB User

I think you should stop using things like Retin A and peels for a while. Those things are just too strong for some people. I think you should just use some healing stuff to calm down your face for now. I don't know about Tamanu oil. You can try a little bit first and see if your skin can take it.

Old 01-27-2005, 02:49 PM   #5
(female)

acnescargirl HB User

do u think regenerist would be a healing thing ? it says it helps heal the skin *of course everything says that *

Old 01-27-2005, 08:44 PM   #6

Sman HB User

I would not recommend trying regenerist. They have harsh anti-aging products in them. It seems like your face is hypersensitive to many of the "things" you have been putting it through. It actually sounds like you have pre-rosacea from your description, but I need more detail to have a better idea.

I would only do cetaphil 2x a day and nothing else just to let it heal. However-- if your face is ACTUALLY hypersensitive cetaphil may even be to harsh for you.

You need to be careful because if you do indeed have rosacea and you keep irritating your face you might eventually progress to a burning, stinging, and angry-red face.

Old 01-27-2005, 10:10 PM   #7
(female)

acnescargirl HB User

well it is red right after i burn it with something. then it fades it is still a ruddy color. it is splotchy from where their was zits and where their was products that burnt it. um, their is a few broken caplieares in my nose and some that r on my chin. and my whoel forehad is red and thickened. i wasnt sure if its rosacea or justr what i been putting it thru. blah . the astetician did say inflamed. ok so now about "pre rosacea" is it reversible ???? what should i do now ?? thanks ! this really sucks i hate all those products. blah

Last edited by acnescargirl; 01-27-2005 at 10:50 PM.

Old 01-28-2005, 11:28 AM   #8
(male)

Green1 HB User

You might want to try just cleaning your face with witch hazel or water for a few days to let your face relax.

Old 01-28-2005, 01:01 PM   #9
(female)

acnescargirl HB User

thanks green! would 3 days be long enough ? have u treid it before did it get rid of the inflammation ? ty!!!

Old 01-28-2005, 03:10 PM   #10

Sman HB User

By "ruddy color" do you mean pinkish?

"their is a few broken caplieares in my nose and some that r on my chin. and my whoel forehad is red and thickened"
Are the "broken capillaries" as a result from the many "things" you have tried?

As far as something to try look into Avene Diroseal-- it has a key ingredent called retinaldehyde. One study on rosacea sufferers showed that it diminished rosacea redness of the cheeks by 30% to 40% within 3 months.

You need to see a Dermatologist to be diagnosed with rosacea. Rosacea is not curable and is a chronic skin disorder with many different components.

Old 01-28-2005, 05:06 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

Anibanani HB User

boy it looks like you've really pushed it too far with your skin. ok what I would suggest to you is to not wash your face with anything except lukewarm water for at least 3 days, but if you have to go to work and wear makeup then go to your local health store and get a bottle of jojoba oil and use that to clean your face with a cotton swab it will take off your maekup and not irritate your skin further. Tamanu oil will not mess your skin up further it will heal it and get rid of the reddness ridicilously fast so if you have that by all means use it and then layer on some jojoba oil on top too both of these oils do wonders on skin from my own experience. I'm also a big fan of masks so after you clean your face before you put on the oils use this mask- grind 3 tablespoons of oatmeal to a fine powder and add honey and plain yogurt to it annd leave it on your skin for like 20 minutes this will calm your skin even faster. MOST IMPORTANTLY stop using all that prescrition crap and lay of the peels, try natural stuff and go easy on your skin otherwise it will retaliate on you just like it did.

Old 01-28-2005, 06:14 PM   #12
(female)

acnescargirl HB User

albini! thanks i will not use anything for 3 days. then use the tamnu oil for like a little while til it heals. then i was going to use clear por treatment at night and sulfur in the AM and thats it - to keep my acne at bay. thanks! that is a great plan.

Old 02-05-2005, 02:46 AM   #13
(female)

acnescargirl HB User

SMAN u sayin i have rosacea ?? i hope not . yes the capillaries are from the "things " i have tired.

abinania. hey thanks! i got the tamnu oil here right now but im super afriad to ues it.

Old 02-05-2005, 07:03 AM   #14

Sman HB User

You would have to go to a dermatologist to know for sure whether you have rosacea. To get rid of the capillaries you would need to have something like IPL done (Intense Pulsed Light). IPL works by destroying/shrinking the blood vessels. You should also be concerned with inhibiting angiogenesis(blood vessel growth) after IPLóso you get a better treatment. Cost for IPL depends on how many treatments you need... could be anywhere from 1k-7k.

Closed Thread