It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2005, 02:35 AM   #1
(male)

beatboxkid HB User
black heads on nose, how do I get rid???

I always have black heads on my nose, apart from in the summer time. When Ive been out in the sun for a few days they just dry up and drop out type thing. Any how If any one knows a great way of getting rid of black heads on you're nose could they please reply to this thread.

cheers beatboxkid

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2005, 12:39 PM   #2

waiting for 1 HB User
Thumbs up Re: black heads on nose, how do I get rid???

Hi i tired this new system where i wash my face with soap (phasedirm) then i whipe with and astringent (sea breaz)and they go away but, if you let them sit they will turn into zits. thats the way they turn out for me. hope it helps

Last edited by waiting for 1; 01-27-2005 at 12:42 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2005, 04:44 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Needzhelp HB User
Re: black heads on nose, how do I get rid???

Try Queen Helenes Mint Julep Mask. It helped get rid of my blackheads on my nose.

Old 01-28-2005, 05:50 AM   #4

waiting for 1 HB User
Thumbs up Re: black heads on nose, how do I get rid???

They do no way i have to try that.

Old 01-28-2005, 02:31 PM   #5
(female)

acnescargirl HB User

i cant wait til my skin isnt ********** up so i can use sea breeze too. and just a warning i tried those pore strips they dont do ****!!! also AHA and SA products will clean those suckers out and so will tetritonin creams like retin a. but i wouldnt use retin a again if my life depended on it. neutrogenas healthy skin lotion clears out my black heads. it contanins glycolic acid in it!

Old 01-28-2005, 02:47 PM   #6

scorpion4377 HB User

Haha..

Going out in the sun makes it worse. Do you ever wonder why most people's acne really flares up in the winter time? It makes your skin dry. Being outside during winter is a terrible idea. Sun doesn't help acne, either.

Salicylic acid is "known" in the "acne world" for clearing up blackheads and whiteheads, and it has actually done this for me. My skin got extremely dry though, so I stopped using it.

Just use some facial lotion, and no acne medicene. If it doesn't happen in the summer, that means that your acne happens because your skin is dry. Acne medicene makes your skin 10X more dry. Good luck!

Old 01-28-2005, 03:15 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

Needzhelp HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion4377
Haha..

Going out in the sun makes it worse. Do you ever wonder why most people's acne really flares up in the winter time? It makes your skin dry. Being outside during winter is a terrible idea. Sun doesn't help acne, either.

Salicylic acid is "known" in the "acne world" for clearing up blackheads and whiteheads, and it has actually done this for me. My skin got extremely dry though, so I stopped using it.

Just use some facial lotion, and no acne medicene. If it doesn't happen in the summer, that means that your acne happens because your skin is dry. Acne medicene makes your skin 10X more dry. Good luck!
The sun is an important nutrient for the skin and doesn't aggravate acne! As long as your not out in the un long enough to get a sunburn then your fine.

Old 01-28-2005, 03:58 PM   #8
(male)

mightbaal HB User

neutragena face lotion the stuff with vitamins a c and e i think and vitamin b-5 is in it along with some hydro-something acid. Works good and fast!

Old 01-28-2005, 04:26 PM   #9
(female)

stardusted1 HB User

i actually use a TINY bit of retin a. it's been the only thing that's helped me.

Old 01-28-2005, 04:32 PM   #10
(female)

pink-pajamas HB User

Retin-a is what works for me too. The nose can be tricky, the best thing to do is to get a facial (at a spa or dermatologist's office) and they will steam the area and extract the blackheads. Trying to extract at home can really damage the skin so don't do it. They can probably suggest the right product for your skin type (cuz they will get a good look at it while we can only assume) to keep them from building up again.

Old 01-29-2005, 12:37 PM   #11
Inactive
(male)

Und3rc0v3r HB User

My best cure for blackheads is a simple diet for a few days. If I need my skin to look it's best I eat really well for about three days before I need it looking good. Pores become more refined, elasticity is maximised (no smile lines and wrinkles on me ) and it looks brighter.

Old 01-29-2005, 01:59 PM   #12
(female)

elegantlyblue HB User

to you all that have skin problems....there is a product by merle norman its called{ creamy formula reitalizing cream} or i call it the pink mask... my mom had acne when she was young it was so bad she had big purple bumps and black heads and scars ... she used this everyday for 6 monthes then her face was so clear now i use it and my face feels so soft and cleen but after i wash the mask off after 20 min. i do put on a mosrer cream i hope you at least try it

Closed Thread