It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2005, 04:49 PM   #1

LaAlltheway0034 HB User
i need some help guys!

well i have mild to moderate acne and i have been using neutrogena skin clearing makeup, and my face is ALWAYS dry,i mosturize i exfoliate, i do everything but its still really dry and flakey and i think its because of ths makeup, but i LOVE the way it covers my skin, u can barly tell i even have acne when i am wearing it, and it also doesnt make me as oily as other foundations do. so my question is, do yall know of any reasonable priced nondrying makeup, that also help with oil. THANKS

Last edited by LaAlltheway0034; 01-29-2005 at 10:13 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2005, 10:11 AM   #2

LaAlltheway0034 HB User
Re: i need some help guys!

can someone PLEASE reply

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2005, 05:36 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

davelacb HB User

sorry cant help im a guy, but try to keep it bumped so more people see it.

Old 01-29-2005, 06:14 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Und3rc0v3r HB User

I don't want to sound like a jerk but I'd advise steering clear of the make-up, if possible. Before you say "But you're a guy", I have - in the dim and distant past - worn foundation to help cover up bad spots. But in my limited experience I know that by preventing active acne from breathing properly it only lasts longer. And then, of course, it has more chance to cross infect.

And what I was going to say initially is this: there's a girl I work with (she's scary at her job but a lovely person) and she has pretty damn fine skin from what I can tell (bear in mind it takes guts for me to look her in the eye with my skin), but she wears a ton of foundation everyday. And on the rare occasion she does get acne she cakes it on twice as thick. I am sure that if she went natural (like my other young female colleague), she'd get less acne and it would disappear quicker. Just my two cents.

Old 01-29-2005, 06:23 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

davelacb HB User

i really agree

Old 01-30-2005, 11:27 AM   #6
(female)

tracy0021 HB User

i think i have tried just about every type of foundation out there, and there are plenty of bad ones! i have skin that gets oily too after i have been wearing makeup for about an hour, and the best stuff i have found is amay with kiniten. its great stuff! try it i think it will work for u.

Old 01-30-2005, 11:30 AM   #7
(female)

tracy0021 HB User

sorry, had a typo. its almay with kiniten.

Old 01-30-2005, 11:12 PM   #8

LaAlltheway0034 HB User

i hate wearing makeup to and i wouldnt BUT i have ALOT of blackheads on my nose and it lots DISCUSTING when i dont wear somethin to cover them up, i know that no guy wants to be talkin to a chick with a thousand black dots covering her nose, so anyone have n e advice on how to get rid of blackheads?

Old 01-31-2005, 04:52 AM   #9
(female)

sunflowerhope HB User

I dont think guys should even reply to this huh what do they know,if wearing no make up worked for them then why are they on this board huh????????? i get on every now and then because i want all you gals to know what i do after years of acne,my solution........have you tried mineral make up? its so pure you can sleep in it go back and cheak out my post,good luck

Old 01-31-2005, 07:22 AM   #10
Inactive
(female)

mandyl HB User

Hi, you should not exfoliate your face if you have acne,it will make it worse, i used to do it because i felt like my skin was dirty, but you are actually making it worse, i have posted a message to all the readers that have skin problems, something that helped me with my skin alittle while ago. I 've used everything on my skin to try and make it looked better, what i use now along with my diet is - i wash morning and nite with Garnier clean and fresh, at nite time i lightly moisturise with Garnier ultra lift (i am 32 ) and in the morning i again after washing ,lightly moisturise with Garnier synergie fresh.I never exfoliate my face anymore, it used to make my skin really dry, I have a good diet where i eat losts of fruit and veg, if you suffer with your skin read my other message , it may help you, i hope so anyway ,take care. :0)

Old 01-31-2005, 07:31 AM   #11
Inactive
(female)

mandyl HB User

Hi, you should not exfoliate your face if you have acne,it will make it worse, i used to do it because i felt like my skin was dirty, but you are actually making it worse, i have posted a message to all the readers that have skin problems, something that helped me with my skin alittle while ago. I 've used everything on my skin to try and make it looked better, what i use now along with my diet is - i wash morning and nite with Garnier clean and fresh, at nite time i lightly moisturise with Garnier ultra lift (i am 32 ) and in the morning i again after washing ,lightly moisturise with Garnier synergie fresh.I never exfoliate my face anymore, it used to make my skin really dry, I have a good diet where i eat losts of fruit and veg, if you suffer with your skin read my other message , it may help you, i hope so anyway ,take care. :0)

Old 01-31-2005, 11:22 AM   #12
(female)

chondas HB User

I Have been using a product by Artisty. It makes my skin look and feel natural in the harsh winter air. My skin is either too oily or too dry. it just depends on the season. But the whole product line is incredible .

Last edited by chondas; 01-31-2005 at 11:32 AM.

Closed Thread