It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2005, 08:49 PM   #1
(female)

Iadinae HB User
Milk Thistle, B5, coconut oil, zinc, vit C, ?????

Tanamu oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil, egg white facial masks, flax seed oil, lemon juice, etc., etc., etc.....

I have read so many posts about what to do to get rid of acne that I am more confused than ever. Do you guys take all of these things together? Do any of these things negatively react with anything else? Do any of these things work alone, or just in a certain combination? Where did you find all of this out? Is there a book I should be reading that goes into all of this?

Old 01-27-2005, 09:20 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Needzhelp HB User
Re: Milk Thistle, B5, coconut oil, zinc, vit C, ?????

You could take all of them and they'll all benefit.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2005, 09:29 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

PBABY HB User

Iadinae,

You really just have to experiment and find the right combo of supplements that will work for you. That's what I had to do and a lot of others on this board have basically done the same. It's a pain, I know. But you just gotta find that right "formula" per se.

Here is what I did:

I "took notes" on all the supplements that people metioned they took for their acne. It was a long list, too!! And then from there, I would maybe drop one of the supplements and maybe add another one I had read about somewhere else and so on...
Yes, it took a few months, but I finally got the right combination of supplements that work for me-bcomplex, zinc, and saw palmetto. I do take a couple other supplements but not for acne. Mainly just for health purposes. I take flax oil capsules and a teaspoon full of coconut oil by mouth each day. Extra virgin coconut oil has many good benefits. I don't put it on my face though.

But bottom line, you just gotta experiment, which you probably know is a common thing when it comes to acne. Hang in there!!

Old 01-28-2005, 10:52 AM   #4
(female)

Iadinae HB User

Thanks PBABY. I will give different things a try and find out what works for me. It seems like so much info at once, and so different from the medical approach the derm takes. I hope I can find something that works for me.

Old 01-28-2005, 12:05 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

Needzhelp HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iadinae
Thanks PBABY. I will give different things a try and find out what works for me. It seems like so much info at once, and so different from the medical approach the derm takes. I hope I can find something that works for me.
I wish you best of luck and I know how hard it is. I believe God put the cure for acne and everything else we need on this earth so I am a firm believer of what herbs can do. Just try to find out why you have acne. THE ROOT CAUSE! Is it your liver not functioning correctly? Then take Milk Thistle to strengthen and support your liver. Is it that your body and bowels are not cleansed? Then get a cleansing kit and cleanse your body along with other herbal supplements that will do the same. Acne doesn't just happen! It happens for a reason. If your problems is to many hormones, then learn how to regulate your hormones. Good Luck on your search and I hope you have quick success.

Old 01-28-2005, 12:07 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

PBABY HB User

Great post, Needzhelp!! I couldn't agree with you more.

PBABY

Old 03-24-2005, 04:45 PM   #7
Veteran

stasia12 HB User

ew eating oil that that gives me the creeps, i thought coconut oil was one of worst oils for you .......lots of saturated fats!

Closed Thread