It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2005, 02:53 PM   #1
(male)

mightbaal HB User
Alcohol acne and milk thistle....

Well when I drink it seems like I get break-outs more often mainly cause I think its my liver having more problems....... I now started taking milk thistle (1st day) and I was wondering cause I know this is good for my liver...... I drink alot way more than safe..... like a 1.75 of vodka split between 3-4 people a night like 2-4 days a week....... Would this stuff save on my liver at all or would it make it worse with alcohol. I live an unhealthly lifestyle.... This a good idea the main reason for taking it is cause I hate acne........

Old 01-28-2005, 05:35 PM   #2
Veteran

turbonamja HB User
Re: Alcohol acne and milk thistle....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightbaal
Well when I drink it seems like I get break-outs more often mainly cause I think its my liver having more problems....... I now started taking milk thistle (1st day) and I was wondering cause I know this is good for my liver...... I drink alot way more than safe..... like a 1.75 of vodka split between 3-4 people a night like 2-4 days a week....... Would this stuff save on my liver at all or would it make it worse with alcohol. I live an unhealthly lifestyle.... This a good idea the main reason for taking it is cause I hate acne........
Yeah I would say slow up on the drinking. That is way too much. Get your liver checked out and see how its handling the toxins. I am on accutane for my acne and I only have one left on my entire face. The thing is ... (i love grey goose also) is when I do drink, I sometimes go a bit crazy on the amount. Thats when I would break out with another pimple a week later or something. Thats because I heard that acne does not just break out one day later ... it supposed to take a weeks or so to build up underneath your skin. At any rate, slow your roll for a minute and see how your skin does. From there ... you can adjust your levels of consumption. As far as milk thistle, not sure on that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2005, 06:05 PM   #3

Sameesh HB User

Well for what its worth...
In Nutritional Guide by louise tenney, it says that in one study, a person took a milk thistle supplement, then an hour later ate a posinous muchroom. I hear those things are supposed to actually burn your liver from the inside out and kill you (not literally BURN, but yeah kill you). The book says the person has no adverse side effects and that thier liver handled the bad shroom fine..

Old 01-28-2005, 09:32 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Needzhelp HB User

Milk Thistle will help the liver handle alcohol better but that is just 1 function of the over 400 it does. It will help strengthen the liver but if the liver is constantly occupied with getting rid of alcohol then there's no room for hormone regulation. Bottom line is Milk Thistle will help but only to a certain extent in your case.

Closed Thread