It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2005, 08:17 AM   #1
(female)

Teacher_Lady HB User
Back Acne

MY bf has been having trouble with acne on his back. He has had it pretty much all his life. What products can he use to clear it up or anything? He doesn't have insurance to go to a dr. They are red blemishes, some bumps with white heads, some BIG bumps-some with or without heads. Covers most of all back down to buttocks. Some can be quite painful for him reaching to his neck at times.

Last edited by Teacher_Lady; 01-30-2005 at 08:18 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2005, 08:31 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

veggie girl HB User
Re: Back Acne

St. Ives medicated scrub is great for back acne. I wouldn't use it on the face as its a bit too strong.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2005, 09:38 AM   #3
(male)

stan HB User

yes i have the same thing bumps all over my back some whiteheads which some are sore when i catch them on things ive tried all sorts bp cream antibiotics like tetracycline they dont work for me so i went to see a derm and he put me on accutane straight away if u can try to see a derm because accutane seems to be the best option if u have tried other things and failed if not then try topicals otc stuff

Old 01-30-2005, 10:37 AM   #4

Terihe HB User

Have him wash his hair first. Shampoos don't help with acne. Then have him use neutrogena body wash. This has 2% salacylic acid. It may take a couple of weeks or more before seeing any results. He can also use a topical with Salacylic acid. A good one that has the proper ph for exfoliation is Clearasil dual action ance fighting moisterizer. If after 6 weeks he sees no improvement he really should try to see a dermatologist.

Old 01-30-2005, 10:39 AM   #5
(female)

princessdani HB User

Carley's clear and smooth. Its off ebay, i think the seller is called clearandsmooth.

I got it a week and a half ago, I had some spots on my back and a few on my face and it cleaned them up and made my skin smooth. You really should take a look.

Old 01-30-2005, 08:26 PM   #6

yerton HB User

I don't have acne at all on my face (thank God, knock on wood), but I do have it on my back though. They don't look like zits though, it just little red dots that look like little cuts.

I'm going to try the clear and smooth for sure.

Closed Thread