It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2005, 12:59 PM   #1
(female)

Michelle2175 HB User
Month 2 on Accutane: Upping Dosage

Hey I going on month 2 of Accutane today and things are going not too bad. First month I took accutane defintely got a major initial breakout but seems to be clearing up not too bad now actually. I havn't got really dry but I find if I don't moisturize in the mornings then my face is really dry and flaky all day. I put lotion on everytime I shower so the rest of my body is still good. The other other symptoms I had was I had to get a humidifer for sleeping at night cause I found it extreme dry breathing at night and its defintely helped me. I got some headaches in the beginning (not sure if from Accutane) but don't seem to get them anymore. Starting to get a bit of back pain but not sure if its from working out or from Accutane but keeping a eye on it. Other than that things are looking good.

I went to the doctor today and he upped my dosage from 40g once per day to 80mg on even days and 40mg on odd days. I've read that when you up your dosage that you might get another bad breakout but I am hoping for the best! I am taking pictures of each month so maybe when I feel a little more comfortable I might post them to show people my progess with Accutane.

If anyone has any suggestions or want to let me know about symtoms when upping dosage people post and let me know!

Closed Thread