It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2005, 12:21 PM   #1
(female)

Mandilyn HB User
Exclamation Acne Scars (pitted Ones)

I would like to know If anyone on here has ever gotten rid of there acne scars (pitted ones)? I have a bit of indents on my face but its not too bad (mainly on my cheeks).
If anyone has pitted scars and got rid of them I just want to know what helped? or If there is any cream out there that sort of helps?? anything that helps!!

I need to get rid of these fast!!

Thanks.

Old 02-09-2005, 10:22 AM   #2
(female)

Mandilyn HB User
Re: Acne Scars (pitted Ones)

No one???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2005, 01:27 PM   #3
(male)

esoteric al HB User

sorry to say but you can't just "get rid of" acne scars.Especially pitted ones. I have acne scars on both my cheeks and have had them for over 5 years and their ruining my life.

I am hopefully getting laser surgery in may. So all i can say is laser surgery is the only thing that will help,reduce,or get rid of scars

Old 02-09-2005, 02:43 PM   #4
(female)

miss_prolixity HB User

Hello Mandilyn,

Even though there's not a cure-all for acne scars, there are definitely a lot of effective treatments that greatly improve their appearance. Here are a few procedures that you might want to look into: Dermabrasion, Lasers, Skin Needling, TCA Cross, Subsicion, etc.

TCA Cross is a fairly new procedure and has been quite beneficial for icepick scars. You might want to call around and see if any Plastic Surgeons are performing in your area.

Old 02-09-2005, 04:22 PM   #5
(female)

Mandilyn HB User

Thanks for the replies!
how much does laser and all of those things cost?

Hope its not expensive.

Old 02-09-2005, 05:37 PM   #6
(female)

miss_prolixity HB User

Mandilyn,

Depending on which procedure you're seeking, the costs vary. Dermabrasion can range anywhere from $1,500 - $5,000 for full face. Lasers are a bit more - $2,500 - $6,000. TCA Cross is around $1,000 - $1,500, as it's performed in a six month series.

Also, depending on what kind of indented scarring you have, dermabrasion or lasers aren't always the best canidate. You need to determine exactly what kind of scars (icepick, boxcar, rolling) you have, then find the best treatment available. Lasers aren't very suitable for icepick, although they're highly recommended for boxcar. Same goes for TCA Cross. If you have icepick scars, this treatment has high success rates, although it doesn't achieve good results for boxcar or rolling.

You can usually get a free consultation at a Plastic Surgeons office (call around). That way you can decide what treatment options would work best for you. Btw, I'd personally book more than one appointment with various Plastic Surgeons, that way you can see if they're all on the same wavelength as to which procedures would benefit your type of scarring.

Best of wishes to you!

Old 02-09-2005, 09:27 PM   #7
(female)

Mandilyn HB User

Thanks for the reply
Miss Pro,
How do I know what kinda scars I have?
Whats Ice pick?? (for some reason by the name I dont think I have this type)
Whats Rolling Scars?? ( by this name I dont think I have this type either)
I probaly Have Boxcar type scars, but the only reason why I dont think I have this is because my scars arent the shape of a box.. so what exactly are box type scars?? and ice pick, and rolling scars??
Anyone??

thanks

Old 02-09-2005, 10:13 PM   #8
(female)

miss_prolixity HB User

Icepick scars: looks like an ice pick has been pressed into the skin. It is generally small in diameter, but can be shallow or deep.

Boxcar scars: looks somewhat like a chicken pox scar with more rounded edges. It can be small or large in diameter and is fairly deep, though not usually as deep as icepick scars.

Rolling scars: looks like a smooth indentation (or waves) in the skin. These scars can be deep or shallow, but are generally shallower.

Usually, making an appointment with a Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist would benefit greatly. They are there to assess your type of scarring and can recommend the correct procedures. And you can usually get your first consultation free.

Last edited by miss_prolixity; 02-10-2005 at 11:10 AM.

Closed Thread