It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2005, 12:12 PM   #1

beachbum2377 HB User
drinking water seems to clear my skin!

Has anyone noticed that drinking water every day clears your skin? Lately i notice if i don't drink water all day, i break out more. if i drink water all day, i feel like my skin clears over night!! Anyone else notice this???? The last few weeks, i drank ONLY WATER and my skin was sooo clear, and any existing acne cleared right up.....Yesterday; i had an iced tea craving, and i drank it most of the day and today i am all broken out! It is amazing! I feel like drinking water does more for you than anything else! Anyone else try this?

Old 02-10-2005, 12:29 PM   #2
(female)

jazmella HB User
Re: drinking water seems to clear my skin!

I've noticed that too! Also, my skin - my whole body - feels and IS more hydrated (makes sense)...I was only drinking 1 litre of water per day for the past week (I got lazy), and I looked and felt horrible...So I upped my water to at least 2 litres a day and am feeling better, again! YAY FOR WATER!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2005, 01:10 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

BostonGirl44 HB User

I've only had one minor breakout post-accutane but drinking water all day has given me a much healthier glow. I cut out soda and most other drinks. I'll only have 1 cup of iced coffee in the morning and then it's water for the rest of the day.

Old 02-10-2005, 02:40 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

scouselad1974 HB User

Yes i agree, If i drink say 8 glasses of water a day my skin does break out less and if i only drink a minimal amount of water and drink too much tea coffee etc i seem to break out alot more, I think the water may help to get rid of toxins

Old 02-10-2005, 04:55 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

Needzhelp HB User

yes water helps my body get rid of all the stuff i don't need.I drink 1 glass every hour all day.

Old 02-10-2005, 07:46 PM   #6
(male)

FranktheTank HB User

Yeaaaaa. My face has gotten soo much better. I stopped drinking soda. And I bring a poland spring bottle to school and refill it like 5 times. Water helps.

Old 02-11-2005, 08:29 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hitmen HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranktheTank
Yeaaaaa. My face has gotten soo much better. I stopped drinking soda. And I bring a poland spring bottle to school and refill it like 5 times. Water helps.
that's a good idea. Many people will buy a bottle of water and throw it away when it's finished. Not me. I always refill it multiple times per day whenever I'm around a "good" water fountain. I stress the word good because some of these water fountains out there are just .

Old 02-11-2005, 01:21 PM   #8
(female)

GracieFine HB User

Amazing, isn't it? Such a simple thing, drinking water. I also found that exercise (enough for a good sweat) also cleared my skin - water+good circulation...helps alot!

Old 02-11-2005, 04:16 PM   #9
(female)

member86 HB User
Exclamation Re: drinking water seems to clear my skin!

Water helps me too. Just don't drink TOO much water at a time. I drank too much one time and got really sick (I drank like 7 glasses 20-30 minutes apart). I've heard that if you drink too much in one sitting, you can die. The water can swell your brain or something to that effect.

Last edited by member86; 02-11-2005 at 04:16 PM.

Old 02-12-2005, 08:07 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

BostonGirl44 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieFine
Amazing, isn't it? Such a simple thing, drinking water. I also found that exercise (enough for a good sweat) also cleared my skin - water+good circulation...helps alot!
I noticed that my skin looked a million times better after I started exercising on a regular basis too.

Old 02-12-2005, 10:19 PM   #11
(male)

Healthy.J HB User
Angry Re: drinking water seems to clear my skin!

This is very interesting. Everyone here seems to notice that water helps their skin a lot. My cold has almost totally died out and my skin is starting to breakout again. I don't know what it is, but its really ******* me off! I was wondering if it was the water, because I started drinking more water when I was sick, but I didn't drink any for about 48 hours or more. I do think I drink too much sugary drinks and not enough water at all. I am going to drink more water (at least five glasses a day) and see what happens. I am also going to stop using topicals when I go to sleep. I hate when I think my skin is getting better and then bang, it returns with a vengence! I think it has something to do with my diet though. I tried the milk thistle and my skin started getting oily, so I stopped, thinking that it may be the milk thistle and since then my skin's oil has increased more and more, especially when I was sick. Maybe now that my 20th birthday is on the way the acne is getting worse, since this usually happens, I don't know. I am sick of wondering what is making my acne worse and what makes it better. God damn this ****!

Closed Thread