It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2005, 11:54 AM   #1
(female)

Trustme1217 HB User
Sulfa, Retina-Micro, and GIRLS-ortho Lo, works!

hey everyone let me tell you that i have suffered with severe acne since i was in the 7th grade. Im now 19. Ive had accutane when i was in 9th grade, it worked but then my acne came back my junior year so military doc put me on tetracyclin and retina-A. I kept hoping that it was just a long process and one day i would wake up to clear skin.....never happened. 2 months before i graduated i was so frustrated because my skin looked a mess at my senior prom and graduation was around the corner, i went to a dermatologist and he put me on sulfameth/trimethoprim sub for bactrim ds twice/daily, Ortho-Tricylin LO and then everynight applications of Retina Micro. My skin looked a damn mess and i remember being so frustrated and cursing my dermatologist and suddenly in less than 3 months BAM my dream came true i was finally able to wake up and i would feel my face and it would feel so smooth and im happy again, I can go out into the sun with my hair pulled back, got a job at hooters and not one single pimple on my face NOT EVEN DURING MY PERIOD!!
Im still on all this stuff and ive been 8 months clear.Let me know if anyone can relate?

Old 02-11-2005, 12:22 PM   #2
(female)

JuiciCouture HB User
Re: Sulfa, Retina-Micro, and GIRLS-ortho Lo, works!

Well, Im really happy to hear that everything is clear for you!! I, however, am hating retin-a micro right now. I feel like it made my skin about, 50 times worse than it was when I started- not to mention all the breakouts it gives me- tend to leave dark red marks that dont wanna go away. Im only on it about 3 and a half weeks now, so I dont know if thats normal.
I made an appt with my first Derm for Thursday. I hope everything goes well. Im trying to avoid Accutane- But I saw that you did take that. Did the Accutane clear you up for the entire year? What did you use on your skin after the Accutane?
Anyways- Wish me luck. What should I expect at the Derm's office?? anything that I should definately avoid taking?? thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread