It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2005, 05:45 PM   #1
(male)

arc1337 HB User
Red Marks!!! Hyperpigmentation Go Away!!!

I've been on accutane for 4 months now, and I did improve drastically and rarely have any new pimples showing up. My face is literally clear except I have like 1 small pimple. But everytime I look in the mirror, I see nothing but red spots everywhere on my cheeks. Literally my cheeks are filled w/ the marks of my old acne war. Please anyone help me get rid of them!

Old 02-13-2005, 06:30 PM   #2
(female)

calgirl HB User
Talking Re: Red Marks!!! Hyperpigmentation Go Away!!!

Intensed pulsed light(IPL) can take away those red spots. A series of about five should do the job. The downside is that its quite costly. It costs approxiamately $2200. Also using glycolic acid like MD Forte facial cleanser can help over a period of time. Hydroquinone 4% topical can help as well. Obagi makes a good one called clear. You need a perscription from your dermatologist for this one. I hope this helps!

Last edited by calgirl; 02-13-2005 at 06:34 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2005, 06:54 PM   #3
(male)

arc1337 HB User
Re: Red Marks!!! Hyperpigmentation Go Away!!!

Do you think these are things i can use while on accutane?

Old 02-13-2005, 07:54 PM   #4
(male)

senoflys HB User

No, you should not do anything to your face while on accutane or for a little while afterwards.

Old 02-13-2005, 08:56 PM   #5
(female)

calgirl HB User
Smile Re: Red Marks!!! Hyperpigmentation Go Away!!!

opps! I should have let you know that you need to wait for about 6 months after your accutane treatment to get the IPL, but as for the other things talk to your dermatologist to see how soon you can begin to treat your red marks with them. In the meantime Mac studio fix is the perfect cover up to hide those marks. It's like a miracle powder foundation! It hides my blemishes or any red spots really well!

Old 02-14-2005, 10:54 AM   #6
(male)

arc1337 HB User

Do you think there are things to help cover up that a guy can use. I don't think i feel right going to store and buying make up. Man you girls got it made with make up.

Old 02-16-2005, 12:36 AM   #7
(female)

calgirl HB User
Talking Re: Red Marks!!! Hyperpigmentation Go Away!!!

If you put on the studio fix only where it's needed very lightly you just may be able to get away with it! I'm sure one of the girls at the mac counter can help you decide what color to choose that matches your skin tone. Just do it! I have a guy friend who wears facial bronzer to look a little tan and he buys that from the Lancome counter. Trust me, there are men in there looking for products as well and if you're still sketchy about going to the counters and asking for advice from someone-go as early as possible. When it's not busy yet. I hope this helps!

Closed Thread