It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2005, 10:10 PM   #1
(male)

Anonym0us HB User
evening primrose oil for my hormonal acne

hi, my acne is mostly on my jawline area so i think it is hormonal acne. right?
so does anyone here uses evening primrose oil for your hormonal acne and had success? please share your experiences.

also, what are the side effects and can you get impotent?

thanks in advance.

Last edited by Anonym0us; 02-13-2005 at 10:11 PM.

Old 02-13-2005, 10:41 PM   #2
(male)

miraclePLZ HB User
Question Re: evening primrose oil for my hormonal acne

i got that jawline action too, i hate it, my jawline is the worst place i get it. i dont know what to do or what to take, i have tried everything except selling my soul to the devil. if u know more about this jawline being hormonal, i would appreciate to know what u know, we might be in same boat. thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2005, 05:35 AM   #3
(male)

Anonym0us HB User
Re: evening primrose oil for my hormonal acne

...............bump

Old 02-16-2005, 04:45 PM   #4
(female)

TLynn HB User

I would also like to know about the evening primrose oil for hormonal acne. Has anyone tried it and does it help?

TLynn

Old 02-16-2005, 06:32 PM   #5
Inactive

Takara HB User

I also have hormonal acne (jawline acne) and while I was on the birth control pill it cleared up. However, I can't be on the pill any more so I am looking for alternatives. I have heard that some people take evening primrose oil and also saw palmetto to help balance the hormones. I myself haven't tried these methods so I would like to learn more as well.

Old 02-18-2005, 02:18 PM   #6
(female)

Tygrysek HB User

is hormonal acne only on the jawline??

Old 03-04-2005, 08:17 AM   #7

cystgal HB User

HEY ANONYMOUS,
I have been using eveningprimrose suppliments for the past 2 years and even though it hasnt help me get rid of my acne entirely, it has definitely helped me control it.I am 25 years of age and started having acne when I was 19.I started on birth control pills when I was 19 and to this day I believe that was the major reason why it started.As I live in U.K the names of these medications might not help you much, I was put on Cilest initially, after a year when the acne got out of hand I asked my doctor to prescribe me an alternative pill, and I started on Dianette , which is a birth control pill that helps control the hormone and hence stops the break outs.Even tho it stopped my break outs, I could feel the cysts under my skin , so I knew I was better off looking for a natural remedy which would have the same action on my body.After 2 years of testing and searching for different methods I settled for Evening primrose( it works magic for me, even for menstrual cycle, makes it painless), a good source of muti-vitamin and cod liver oil.I eat a handful of nuts every day(especially brazil nuts (for selenium)and linseed,which is good for your skin again) Ever since I turned 22 I have been following this routine along with topical application of Vit-C and a cream by Roc(with vit A, C and E) along with a mild moisturiser. I rarely , very rarely have any break outs, but the down-side is I can feel the cysts on my face still.I dont know whether it would ever go away, coz I dont let them out !!!
This treatment is quite effective for keeping break-outs under control, but for eradicating the cysts you might have to incorporate someother means ,am still looking into more natural ways , I am sure I will find a something soon.I read a very good thread on Lemon juice , (think it is by AcneAvenger) check it out it sounded promising and I have started on lemon juice today!

And about the saw palmetto, I works great for your libido, I was on it for a while , it is definitely a boost when you need to impress your partner.Good luck in trying the more natural way .Have to let you know that you have to take Evening primrose atleast for 2 months to see any difference I take 2000 to 3000mg(max recomended amount) of it everyday.Stick to it , if not the acne it will surely show a difference on your skin on the rest of your body.

Let us know how it goes for you!

Good luck!

cystgal

Old 03-04-2005, 09:25 AM   #8
(male)

Anonym0us HB User

hey! thank you for sharing your experiences with us... and yes, i will surely try EPO out a try.

Closed Thread