It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2005, 06:27 AM   #1
(female)

TKK3 HB User
Thumbs up Aztec Indian Healing Clay Mask still working!!!

Hey! Just a quick update. I have posted on this product before but now I have been using it for approximately 1.5 months. Before I started using this product, it was the same old story...I had moderate to severe acne all over my upper body and some on my face (luckily my skin does not scar!)...and had tried everything under the sun (except for accutane because I was afraid of the side effects and I couldn't afford it)...and nothing worked. I was embarrased to be with my boyfriend because of my bad skin and would never show my skin in public by wearing short sleeved shirts and so forth. Anyway...I started using this clay mask 4-5 times a week and, within a week, my skin was almost clear of all active acne. Within 2 weeks, all there was left was a few red marks from previous break outs. And now, almost 2 months later, I got to wear a slinky nighty for valentines! I literally have had no new breakouts, even right before my period, since I started on this product! My skin is better than it has been since I started to break out at age 19, 13 years ago! My theory is that this clay mask cleans my pores out and somehow acts as an anti-bacterial. I am now down to using it 3-4 times a week because it is slightly messy and time consuming...but it continues to work. The beauty is there are no side effects, it is really cheap and easy to get and it works! I can't say it will work for everyone...everyone is different. But it is worth a try. Here are some pointers... I get it at a health food store, but you can also use google to search for it on the web and there are many sites that sell it. It costs about $5.00 a week to use...you have to mix it with apple cider vinegar (recommended) rather than water because the water does not mix well and creates a huge mess. Also, I think the vinegar helps the process. After applying the clay mask to all affected areas, you have to let it dry. If you have time, let it dry naturally (takes maybe 20-30 minutes depending on the humidity in the air) or, if you are pressed for time, as I ussually am, you can use a blow dryer to speed up the process (does not affect the outcome!). It feels tingly and tight as it dries and, I think, this is because it is cleaning the pores! The products I use with it are Benzyl Peroxide 5-6 times a week, ussually when I am not going to wear anything colored as it dyes everything that is not white. I wash with an antibacterial liquid soap every time I shower as well. I have used the BP and the soap for as long as I can remember without any good results until I started the clay mask. Anyway...good luck! Hope this helps and sorry it is so long!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2005, 06:29 AM   #2
(female)

TKK3 HB User
Re: Aztec Indian Healing Clay Mask still working!!!

I almost forgot to say that the kind of acne I had was a mix between really severe cystic acne and just white heads with black heads on my nose...

Old 02-14-2005, 09:37 AM   #3

kittikat HB User

Did the mask fad red marks? I have been using it for 3 days now. I do see a slight improvement with my acne.

Old 02-15-2005, 04:06 PM   #4
(female)

TKK3 HB User

So far, it has cleared my red marks and I had lots of them! I still have some superficial scars on my upper shoulders. Everything is better! I have started to use a little differin on my upper shoulders and face to promote peeling to help with the scarring so we will see if it works. Good luck!

Old 02-15-2005, 04:28 PM   #5
(female)

Iadinae HB User

Have any Canadians found this anywhere? I was calling around to the local health food stores and no one has even heard of it.

Old 02-16-2005, 06:43 AM   #6
(female)

Iadinae HB User

so, is it a powder, or a clay? Or does it turn into a clay after you mix it with the ACV?

Old 02-24-2005, 09:33 AM   #7
(female)

LauraOSU05 HB User

Hi everyone -

I FINALLY got my the mask I ordered from Vitamin Shoppe and am very excited to start using it!

I just have one question about mixing ACV with the mask that hopefully you guys can help me with. The directions on the canister say that you should use 100% ACV to mix with the mask. However, the ACV I have from the grocery store says "Reduced with water to 5% acidity."

Should I go get organic ACV before I use the mask or does grocery store ACV work just as well?

Old 02-24-2005, 09:39 AM   #8
(female)

LauraOSU05 HB User

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask something else!

About how much of the clay powder/ACV do you need to mix together to create "equal parts" as the directions describe. I was thinking 2 TBSP of each...any suggestions? I don't want to waste my $$ by using too much!

Old 02-24-2005, 05:47 PM   #9

kittikat HB User

I use 1 TBSP of clay and ACV. I use organic ACV that I get at my local health food store. I think it is better than the stuff you get at the grocery store. The organic ACV has stuff swimming around in it, so shake it before you use it. Good luck with it.

Old 02-25-2005, 10:37 AM   #10
(female)

LauraOSU05 HB User

kittikat -
I didn't have time last night to go buy organic ACV, so I just tried the grocery store kind I already have. But let me tell you, this mask feels tingly and awesome regardless! My face really did "pulsate" as it says on the canister and felt so smooth afterwards!

For me, I think 1 TBSP of the powder and ACV is a little bit much because I only used it on my face, not on my body. I am going to try 3/4 TBSP next time so that I don't waste any of the product! How many times/week should I use it? I will keep you all posted with (hopefully good) results!

Old 02-28-2005, 08:37 PM   #11
(female)

LauraOSU05 HB User

Ok...here is an update. I have used the mask 3 times and have both positive and negative thoughts about it so far.

Positive: I really love the tingly feeling of the mask and the way it makes my skin feel. The overall tone of my skin seems firmer as well!

Negative: I have been breaking out very badly on my chin and forehead lately.

I do not know if the clay mask is the culprit or if I am breaking out because of my period, but I don't know if I should stick with it or not! Does anyone know if the mask is supposed to bring pimples up to the surface before it starts clearing? I am trying to be patient, but would appreciate any advice from kittikat or TKK3! THANKS!

Old 02-28-2005, 10:00 PM   #12

kittikat HB User

That's where I started breaking out when I used it every other night. I now use it occasionally, but I don't consistently use it as part of my daily care. Also, it dried out my skin a little too much. I have combination skin, so I noticed that the areas that I am already dry, started to become flaky. But my biggest concern is that I broke out on my chin and forehead (which is unusual for me). I break out mostly on my jawline. So it was a clue to back off using the mask.

Old 03-01-2005, 08:20 AM   #13
(female)

teenymaru HB User

I also have used this product and its the ONLY thing that has gotten rid of blackheads on my nose and cheeks. It also tightens the face and makes it look alot healthier. For 5 bucks a jar, its WELL WELL worth it.

Old 03-01-2005, 10:17 AM   #14
Veteran
(female)

PBABY HB User

kittikat,

Thank you sooo much for the measurements!!! I have been using this mask for about 5 months now and can never seem to get it right w/out mixing up too much (only to be thrown away)!!!

laura,

My face does pulsate when I use it. It mainly dries up any blemishes and pulls out my blackheads somewhat but not as much as I would like for it to, unfortunately. I don't see why the store bought ACV you bought wouldn't work. I use the organic kind that kittikat mentioned, so you might just wanna check into that kind next time.

Old 03-01-2005, 02:51 PM   #15
(female)

LauraOSU05 HB User

kittikat -
Like you mentioned, I have been getting more acne/small cysts on my forehead than normal (I usually just get blackheads and small whiteheads). I always get zits on my chin and around my mouth (hormonal), so that is not a new thing for me.
How many times/week are you using the mask along with your SA & BP routine that I read in another one of your posts? How do you feel that the regime is working for you?

PBABY-
Isn't the "pulsating" feeling awesome? The mask really feels like it is cleaning my pores! My boyfriend even commented that my skin feels really smooth!
Did you notice any form of initial breakout when using this mask? Also, where do you find the organic ACV you use? I am at school right now and have no idea where a good health food store is! I guess that I just need to find one that has a website where I can do a "store locator" search! Hope the mask keeps helping you!

Closed Thread