It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2005, 11:35 AM   #1
(female)

amily HB User
Dr.Perricone's solution for acne!!

Hi, I have 17 year old daughter who has suffered with facial and back acne since she was 10. I know she had been looking through these boards for help and support for many years, but she has stopped since her skin cleared. I'm here to post what has helped her, and this might help some. She had tried just about everything mentioned in the boards, except accutane. Creams and antibiotics helped her for a short time. She was depressed and desperatate, and had almost given up when we came across the Dr. Perricone solution for acne. He is a reputable dermatologist who believes that acne can be conquered by following his recommendations: diet, topical creams and vitamins. All the details are in his book which can be ordered on line. My daughter followed all three steps at first, but now she's just taking his vitamins and using his acne cream, and her skin is flawless! She saw results within days of following his advice! It has been 3 months now and we can't believe our eyes! The creams and vitamins are kind of expensive, but when I think of how much we've spent in the past on things that didn't work, they're worth it! Also if you can't affort the products, you may try only his diet. While waiting for the products to arrive, my daughter was just following the diet and it was already working! Good luck and if you have any questions, I will answer them if I can. I know how it feels to suffer with acne.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2005, 11:42 AM   #2
(female)

MommyPox HB User
Re: Dr.Perricone's solution for acne!!

What was the diet?
What is the active ingredient in the cream?
what hocus pocus combination of vitamins is he talking bout?

Really, if it was as simple as a book, we'd all be clear. Also, not everyone can afford the time or money for all this dieting stuff. When you have a big family, you all eat the same. Kids need a little of everything while they grow. It's really not that easy.

Old 02-15-2005, 11:59 AM   #3
Inactive

kerry1 HB User

Mommypox, why don't you read his book before calling him "hocus pocus"? His diet plan is actually very sensible and based on a lot of nutrional facts. He advocates eating a lot of fish and vegetables, for one thing. The difference between him and other "fad diet" doctors is that he aims his diet specifically at skin problems.

The reason you don't hear his name mentioned on every street corner? Because his diet is sensible, balanced, low-sugar and quite boring. Not like the "exciting" Atkins diet that allows you to eat almost anything you want to.
Everybody's looking for a silver bullet nowadays, but he makes you work for results.

Old 02-15-2005, 12:06 PM   #4
(female)

amily HB User

I agree MommyPox, it's not that simple, but when you're desperate-like my daughter was- you try anything...
His diet is very strict, avoiding all sweet and starchy foods, eating lots of vegetables and salmon. My daughter was cheating on this diet but her skin was still improving when she cut out most, not all, of the sugar and starch. The vitamins and minerals are: Vitamin C and D, calcium,magnesium ascorbate,biotin, zinc, chromium, alpha lipoic acid and DMAE. The active ingredients in the cream are 5% benzoyl peroxide, alpha lipoic acid and DMAE(dimethyl-aminoelthane bitartrate).

Closed Thread