It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2003, 12:15 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

scouselad1974 HB User
Post Wheres the bloody cure? ? ? ? ?

amazing isnt it that we can afford to go to bloody war,send men to the moon but yet we still cant find a cure for bloody spots,does anybody else think like me that maybe they dont want us to be cured?because theres so much money to be made selling us all a load of crap lotions- potions etc etc lol can you tell im a bit peed off lmao

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2003, 12:32 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

daylight568 HB User
Angry

YA ! WHERE IS IT ?????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2003, 12:38 PM   #3
Veteran

Testament HB User
All our bodies are different thats why cures dont work for 100% of the people. We all dont obviously have the perfect diet, excercize and stress levels. Get all those down to a key and im sure we'd all be clear.

Old 03-05-2003, 12:49 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

scouselad1974 HB User
your probably right my friend,lots of people say stress can cause acne or breakouts but the only reason i get stressed is because i have the breakouts,if i was a clear i wouldnt have any stress what so ever well apart from the norm lmao

Old 03-05-2003, 04:14 PM   #5
(female)

too old for this HB User
I've had acne during stressful periods in my life and during nonstressful periods. Bad diet, good diet. Doesn't matter for me. Acne has just been a constant, annoying theme since age 16 and the only things that sort of work are prescriptions drugs and topicals. I'd be thrilled if I could find a natural solution.

Old 03-05-2003, 07:09 PM   #6
Inactive

LookingForHealth HB User
It's very normal to have acne (not the cystic extreme kind)

Even the $$$mom$$$ I nanny for gets breakouts, and she's 10 years older than me. She could have the best derm and skincare routine too (so could I) but it's just your body.

It sucks.

It's rare to find a person who's about 20 with bare perfect skin. BARE, PERFECT. Whenever I think they are perfect I get closer and inspect lol and it's not. So, my perfect skin was when I was a kid, but I'm not a kid anymore.

Old 03-10-2003, 07:13 AM   #7
(female)

BlueSprite555 HB User
Well I know quite a few girls my age with bare perfect skin...in fact, I see tons of people with bare perfect skin....I just got the sh*t end of the stick in the skin dept...only one in my family with it too! >

Old 04-23-2003, 10:37 PM   #8

hangman HB User
delphi me too only 1 in the family with bad skin. no one understands. it aint light acne either. argg

Old 04-23-2003, 11:57 PM   #9

established420 HB User
i think about this everyday- we have cures for so many diseases, or at least medications that send it into remission- like cancers. so how the hell is it that no one has been able to find the cure of acne!?!?! i understand that everyone's bodies are different and everything.......but so are everyone's bodies that have those other disesases. i think the real problem is finding the reason for acne-but that's just it, there must be more than one reason- making it reasons- and that is where it gets so complicated. another problem i see is the lack of medical interest. sure dermatologists study the skin and learn to work with it- but lets face it- acne is an embarassing issue for most people. therefore i feel that there is a lack of interest in funding the research for finding "cures" or even preventitive treatments. i have always said that if i ever make a lot of money- i will make donations to acne research. people are always giving money to find the cure of aids, cancers, etc. yet acne gets less attention for the reason that it's embarassing one, and also it is not a life threatening disease. i do personally feel that it could be very reasonible to believe that "they"- whoever that may be- don't want to find "the cure" because then no more money will be made. think of it- neutrogena, clean and clear, noxema, along with all the precription drug companies that make differin, retin-a, etc. they would all loose millions and millions of dollars if there was some one medication that could cure acne! sure, all of us suffers wish and pray.........but we have the forces of thousands of companies against us.it sounds insane i know, but it also seems insane that we are on the brink of being able to recreate actual human life- if not already able to- yet we cannot cure a skin condition. sorry for rambling on............i just find myself at a loss to understand why- why i have to suffer through this while other people have never had to even wonder how many more pimples they will have each morning when they wake up.why there seems to be either a general lack of interest in helping us acne suffers- or just an attitude of not helping us because so much more money can be made if we aren't "cured". i believe that accutane is getting close....very close, yet this medicine has side effects- as with many other medications- and it does not produce optimal results in all patients. i just hope that some day soon, dermatologists will understand that when we walk into their office- hoping they will help us- we are not just any other medical patient- we are people that have to look at our disease everyday- they can not just think of us as another "case" another person to prescribe some medication to. i want to be seen as any other normal person, but who is suffering from one of the worst and least understood diseases of all-acne.

Old 04-24-2003, 04:42 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

scouselad1974 HB User
That was a really good write up,thanks for that,i agree totally with everything you have said and i am sure most intelligent people do too.

Old 04-24-2003, 08:26 AM   #11
Senior Veteran

poreoilyme HB User
I think it's because acne is not considered "life-threatening" which is patently untrue. They don't consider all the suicides, seclusion, depression, and lasting psychological effects of acne. Even if you do live through it, the effects are persistent and often disabling in many ways--and this is not to mention all the side effects from treatments that don't work wreaking havoc on our bodies in the meantime.

Old 04-24-2003, 12:35 PM   #12
(male)

Jonesy HB User
Are efforts to find a universal cure ongoing or what? No one ever hears anything about it.

Closed Thread