It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2005, 06:34 PM   #1
(female)

tracy1970 HB User
PLEASE HELP! SKIN RUINED "NEED ADVICE"

I really need advice. I have had acne since 13. I am 19 and my acne is pretty much gone now. I am horribly scarred. I think the majority of the reason is tazorac and retin-a. Im a moron. They said apply a dime amount and i litteraly applied like a hand full. (keep in mind this was like 2 years ago) I was desperate! My face was blood red and peeling and i kept putting it on for a long time. Now i have no acne! but I look like a burn victim. And this is still like 2 years later. My forhead, temples, and cheeks look plasticy and wrinkly. I have been like this for a while! when i smile it is awful. Under those stupid hallogen or fluorecent lights i look horrible. My parents say i look okay because at home we have regular bulbs and i look better. I hate going outside because my skin looks like plasticy elephant skin. If i put on moisturizer or any cream for that matter i breakout! I don't know what to do. If I were younger i might heal because growing bodies are constantly shedding skin and growing new skin, but i know i defenitley stopped growing cuz im 19. I also have this deep wrinkle on my forhead. I don't want to do microdermabrasion or lasers or creams because im super sensetive to all that crap and i already look like a tomatoe. Anyway im on about every vitamin you can imagine, and essential fatty acids, and on a diet. I don't know what to do. The best years of my life are getting flushed down the drain. Has anyone had a similar experience, how did it turn out. Any advice! PLEASE HELP! THANK YOU

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2005, 06:53 PM   #2
(male)

xghostsniperx HB User
Re: PLEASE HELP! SKIN RUINED "NEED ADVICE"

I would try to find a moisturizer that doesn't break you out. I don't know what else to tell you though.

Old 02-20-2005, 07:05 PM   #3
(female)

tracy1970 HB User

I've tried to find a none clogging moisturizer but nothing works.

Old 02-20-2005, 07:06 PM   #4

ronr HB User

Try Cetaphol. You can buy it at Costco in a 2 pack for $14. Let me know if that works. Other stores carry it but Costco is the cheapest. Hope that helps.

Old 02-20-2005, 07:23 PM   #5

kittikat HB User

if you are sensitive to moisturizers, do not use cetaphil. I also cannot use moisturizers because they definitely break me out. When I used cetaphil it broke me out the worse of all the moisturizers.

I have been using a mask called Aztec Indian Healing Mask every other day for five minutes (because I have sensitive skin). It has worked to smooth out my skin and it has started to fade the red marks. I use BP cream and I find I don't have to apply a moisturizer on a regular basis. I just use this mask. But make sure you use it with Apple Cider Vinegar. It feels good on the skin and works great. I usually apply it in the morning before I take a shower. Hope this helps. Believe me I was in the same boat as you with all of the creams that my dermatologist prescribed me. I am not sailing that boat anymore.

Last edited by kittikat; 02-20-2005 at 07:24 PM.

Old 02-20-2005, 07:43 PM   #6
(female)

tracy1970 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittikat
if you are sensitive to moisturizers, do not use cetaphil. I also cannot use moisturizers because they definitely break me out. When I used cetaphil it broke me out the worse of all the moisturizers.

I have been using a mask called Aztec Indian Healing Mask every other day for five minutes (because I have sensitive skin). It has worked to smooth out my skin and it has started to fade the red marks. I use BP cream and I find I don't have to apply a moisturizer on a regular basis. I just use this mask. But make sure you use it with Apple Cider Vinegar. It feels good on the skin and works great. I usually apply it in the morning before I take a shower. Hope this helps. Believe me I was in the same boat as you with all of the creams that my dermatologist prescribed me. I am not sailing that boat anymore.
was your skin also burnt or anything? What kind of creams did you use? If so how does your skin look now? Whats BP Cream? sorry for all the questions. It would be nice if you could tell me your story. Thank you.

Old 02-20-2005, 07:55 PM   #7
(female)

tracy1970 HB User
Wink Re: PLEASE HELP! SKIN RUINED "NEED ADVICE"

Well, i was using tazorac and retin-a on and off. Then I totally stopped going to the derm. They are evil. lol well I was using every non pore clogging moisturizer you could imagine, and I still had bad acne problems. I stopped using the moisturizer for a while and my acne cleared up. My face eventually got back to normal in terms of its remoisturizing ability so now i don't use absolutley anything. Basically im on a diet of fruits and vegtables. I eat nothing that is processed and meat on occasion. I know it sounds like i don't eat much, but im used to it. It's just that its been like 2 years and i don;t see so much improvement.

At my school there are fluorecent/hallogen, lights and at work too so people must see my like that, right? Also when I go outside the sun probably makes me look worst cuz its even brighter.

I defenitley am giving my skin a rest, thats why I don;t know what to do. Any advice is Greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by moderator2; 02-24-2005 at 12:03 PM. Reason: to remove a reference to a deleted post

Old 02-20-2005, 08:21 PM   #8
(female)

calgirl HB User
Lightbulb Re: PLEASE HELP! SKIN RUINED "NEED ADVICE"

It definitely sounds like your skin needs a rest, but in the meantime there is someting that can help rebuild your skin. It's called TNS by Skin Medica. It has natural growth factors, antioxidants, proteins, and collagens to help your skin rebuild itself. It doesn't cause any sort of irritation. The downside is that it costs about $125 for a one months supply. You can find it on ebay for a little less. One 0.5 ounce lasts one month apllying just a little every morning and night. Starting on the fourth month the cost goes down a little because then you only have to apply it once a day, therefore the 0.5 ounce lasts 2 months. The other downside is that it is kind of sticky and it doesn't smell very good. In my opinion, this would be one the most beneficial things you could do for your skin.

Old 02-20-2005, 08:28 PM   #9
(female)

tracy1970 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirl
It definitely sounds like your skin needs a rest, but in the meantime there is someting that can help rebuild your skin. It's called TNS by Skin Medica. It has natural growth factors, antioxidants, proteins, and collagens to help your skin rebuild itself. It doesn't cause any sort of irritation. The downside is that it costs about $125 for a one months supply. You can find it on ebay for a little less. One 0.5 ounce lasts one month apllying just a little every morning and night. Starting on the fourth month the cost goes down a little because then you only have to apply it once a day, therefore the 0.5 ounce lasts 2 months. The other downside is that it is kind of sticky and it doesn't smell very good. In my opinion, this would be one the most beneficial things you could do for your skin.
thanks for the info, does it clog your pores, cuz like i said anything i put on my face gives me acne. Whats your experience with it been like?
Thanks for the help.

Old 02-20-2005, 08:53 PM   #10
(female)

calgirl HB User
Thumbs up Re: PLEASE HELP! SKIN RUINED "NEED ADVICE"

I have acne prone skin as well and it did not cause any sort of irritation on my skin, but everyone is different. You could try it for a week or two to see if it causes any irritation, then discontinue use if so. I forgot to mention that TNS has Nouricel-MD which is a trademark of Advanced Tissue Sciences,Inc. They do research and find advanced products for burn victims. I think it is definitely worth a shot and make sure to stick with it if it does not cause any irritation. The best of luck to you!

Old 02-20-2005, 08:59 PM   #11
(female)

tracy1970 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirl
I have acne prone skin as well and it did not cause any sort of irritation on my skin, but everyone is different. You could try it for a week or two to see if it causes any irritation, then discontinue use if so. I forgot to mention that TNS has Nouricel-MD which is a trademark of Advanced Tissue Sciences,Inc. They do research and find advanced products for burn victims. I think it is definitely worth a shot and make sure to stick with it if it does not cause any irritation. The best of luck to you!
Thankyou, i defenitley think it is worth a shot, just 1 more question have you used it? and if so for how long, and what have been your results. How was your skin like before, if you could just give me a quick history that would be awsome. Need all the help I can get, thanks again for the info.

Last edited by tracy1970; 02-20-2005 at 09:03 PM.

Old 02-20-2005, 10:01 PM   #12
(female)

calgirl HB User
Talking Re: PLEASE HELP! SKIN RUINED "NEED ADVICE"

Tracy- yes i did and still do use TNS for maintenance. I mainly use it for hyperpigmentation and fine lines and to prevent any further damage to my skin. It's a great product but will take a good 3 months to see improvements. I really think it can help you! And three months goes by so fast! Good luck!

Old 02-21-2005, 01:23 AM   #13
(male)

miraclePLZ HB User

oh man i have bad skin too, its bad, i over did it too, but u need to find out what pills do nothing but boost your immune system, and your metabolism, and your mood, stress, and sadness take a major toll in this, just keep your faith in God, because yea times get tough, but its only that bad because t.v. made us think that way. "f" tv.!! for the insecurities!!

Old 02-21-2005, 03:25 AM   #14
(male)

Karl2 HB User

Hi Tracy,

If it has been 2 years, like you said, it sounds like you may have to see some kind of cosmetic derm. to remedy things. It sounds like you could use some sort of medium strength peel to get rid of the damaged skin. I would stay away from lasers too. I don't think anything that you could apply to yourself topically would really work. HTH.

Old 02-21-2005, 09:17 AM   #15

kittikat HB User

tracy1970,

sorry didn't respond sooner. Yes, my face was burnt. My dermatologist prescribed me a combination of antibiotics and retinoids that was not good for my skin. I had to take steroids at one point because my face was so irriated and red from putting Retin-A on my face. On several occasions, I have given myself a good chemical peel (that was not good) on my face. It took days for it to calm down. I am definitely still on the road to recovery. However this is what I am doing now:

Wash my face with Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser (it only has 0.5 % salicyclic acid in it, anything more dries out my face). Then I use BP (benzoyl peroxide) cream. Use only 2.5%. If you use 5 or 10% it will dry out your face and cause more problems. Every other day I use the Aztec Healing Mask before I take a shower in the morning. I think I still need to fine tune my routine a little, but I am definitely a lot clearer than I was before when I was listening to a dermatologist.

If you do go to a dermatologist, before you take their advice know your skin first. Know what your skin can tolerate before your apply all of the creams and lotions that they will recommend. If you have really sensitive skin a dermatologist may not be the answer. All they know how to do is prescribe antibiotics and creams. I always refused to take the oral antibiotics and my dermatologist was always disgusted because I would not follow their advice. I am sorry but antibiotics, especially in women, can cause a lot of problems. I don't want to do anything I can't come back from. Well, anyway hope this help.

Closed Thread