It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2005, 10:07 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

glamourgal HB User
Little under the skin bumps all over my face!

HELP!!
I have little under the skin bumps all over my face and I don't know what to do to clear them up. I have used ProActive--worked at first, but doesn't now. I also went to the derm and he gave me an antibiotic and a bp prescription. That hasn't worked. Does anyone else have these?? My face looks normal (no white heads or big bumps) except for all of the little bumps under the skin on my entire face. I am so embarassed about them--it makes me look diseased!!! Please let me know if you have any helpful info!!!

Last edited by glamourgal; 02-23-2005 at 01:15 AM.

Old 02-22-2005, 10:25 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Tiefer479 HB User
Re: Little under the skin bumps all over my face!

From what you've said, it sounds like those could be either "milia," which I know very little about, or "whiteheads," as distinct from pustules, or other unpleasant lesions. Whiteheads, or closed comedones, are pores that are clogged just below the surface of the skin which appear as slightly elevated, flesh-coloured bumps. I personally find benzoyl peroxide highly effective in drying them out in a matter of two or three days (though they will continue to return until the amount of oil secreted by the pores and the shedding of dead skin cells normalize). You might also wish to try a gentle scrub, which I also find helpful when used 2-3 times a week.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2005, 01:07 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

glamourgal HB User

Thanks for the help. I got three different treatments for these bumps today at Walgreens. I hope that the combination of the products will work to get rid of the them. I am so tired of not having a good self-esteem because of these bumps! I met a cute guy with a fun personality who played professional football when I met him(he got injured after that so he doesn't anymore). He got my phone number and called me for 2 months to try to get me to go out with him. I never would because I thought that when he saw me in a different lighting he would see the bumps and not want to date me anymore. Now he is dating some other girl. I am just ready to have a clear complexion so that I can be more confident in myself. I know that I sound vain, but I am so sick of feeling inferior to others because of my complexion.

Old 02-23-2005, 08:59 AM   #4
(female)

jade112 HB User

Hey
I have the bumps also. They suck! Your face totally looks fine in most lighting then other times it is just nasty, I know how you feel. They rarely come above the skin so you can never even get rid of them.
I went to my dermo and he put me on Doxy its an antibiotic. I have only been on it for 1 week but my bumps are starting to clear up.
I also switched my face wash to Phisoderm and I use Neutrogena Multi-Vitamin lotion, thanks to this board and the people on it, and they are also helping.
Good Luck
Keep me posted if you discover anything or let me know how your new products are working

Jade

Old 02-23-2005, 10:33 AM   #5
Inactive

Takara HB User

My under the skin bumps are almost gone! I have been using Total skin care glycolic gel. It is really good stuff and I've only been using it for a week! I got it from the drugstore website, not sure where else to buy it? Good luck!

Old 02-23-2005, 02:01 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

glamourgal HB User
Smile Re: Little under the skin bumps all over my face!

Thanks to both of you for the advice and help!! I woke-up this morning and my face did look a little better--I could see a small improvement. So I hope that after I use the products for a longer period of time my face will look 100% better. I am using Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser, Neutrogena 2% salicyic acid, and benzoyl peroxide. I hope they work--I will keep everyone updated on the results!!

Old 02-23-2005, 03:19 PM   #7
(female)

acnescargirl2 HB User
Takara - hey girl! so glad hte gel is working for you !!! how many times a day do u apply it. do u leave it on ?

Old 02-23-2005, 03:47 PM   #8
Inactive

Takara HB User

glamourgal- I hope you are using a moisturizer too! Those products can be pretty harsh and they might make the problem worse if you let your skin get too dry.

acnescargirl2- I have been applying it twice a day. I started out once a day and only left it on for 20 minutes. Now I just leave it on and don't wash it off at all. My skin feels smoother every day.

Old 02-23-2005, 04:35 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

glamourgal HB User

What is a good moisturizer to use????

Old 02-23-2005, 11:40 PM   #10
Inactive

Takara HB User

Anything that is oil free is your best bet. I am currently using clean n clear morning burst and I love it, but I know there are more out there that work just as well for acne-prone skin.

Old 02-24-2005, 03:07 AM   #11
Inactive
(female)

asterixface1 HB User

takara what else are you using in conjunction with this ?

Old 02-24-2005, 10:48 AM   #12
Inactive

Takara HB User

I am using a salicylic face wash (by total skin care) and also taking 1 liporexin pill every morning.

Old 02-24-2005, 04:16 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

glamourgal HB User

So far my face hasn't seemed too dry--but I will go and get a moisturizer soon! I think the products are definitely helping my complexion---I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!

Last edited by glamourgal; 02-24-2005 at 04:16 PM.

Old 02-24-2005, 05:47 PM   #14
Inactive
(female)

asterixface1 HB User

takara what is lixoprexin. are you wearing sunscreen ?

Old 02-24-2005, 05:49 PM   #15
(female)

clever HB User

Hey Gals,
This bumpy skin thing has been the bane of my existance for the past year! I just finally-about 3 months ago, have gotten it under control.

I do gylcol/salyic peels in a docs office about every 2-3 weeks, plus i use a mild face wash, BP scrub and glycolic 10% then BP 10% ontop every morning and night.

It has helped tremendously. the peels help the scars.

I also use Bare Essential Mineral make up to hide scars now, i live with my Boyfriend and he doesnt even notice them that much!

Good luck to you all and dont let this get u down
xxx

Closed Thread