It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2005, 02:42 PM   #1
(female)

somersault HB User
Unhappy Any jojoba oil success stories for acne/dry skin?

I'm looking for anyone who has successfully defeated their acne and/or dry skin, especially facial skin by using jojoba oil.

Here's my story: I'm allergic to all face washes and all moisturizers known to mankind, all astringents, soap, you name it. Not just ones in the store, but also all natural kinds from healthfood stores. I destroyed my facial skin a decade ago when I attempted to combat acne. Little did I know at the time that what was giving me acne is that I had started to wash my face! I never washed my face as a little kid unless it really had dirt on it. I just always rinsed it clean with water. When I was 16 I started washing my face with face wash, only for it to completely dry out and give me acne at the same time. It took a decade of trying everything under the sun for me to start researching my problem. After extensive research I realized that my skin is sensitive to all products, allegic to all skin products. Last summer I stopped washing my face. Best thing I ever did. My skin is slowly improving. But how to get rid of the damaged dry skin which is causing my acne in the first place? Shea butter did not work. I tried it for over half a year. After researching jojoba oil I have started on it. It's been 4 and a half weeks now. Been rinsing twice a day then applying the jojoba oil twice a day. My skin has smoothed out. The flaking is still there, some of the blackheads are now rising to the surface as acne. My skin has little bumps (blackheads and whiteheads) all over combined with pores clogged with hardened dry, dead skin. I can't tell yet how much the jojoba oil is working, and I heard that my skin would flare up initially then get better and better. Has anyone out there had success with jojoba oil with a severe problem like mine? If so, how long did it take before you saw good results? And did jojoba oil cure anyone out there completely of acne and/or dry skin? Please help. It's been 10 years of my life, and I'm totally desperate and suffer from depression because of my problem. I want to be cured once and for all. And I swear I'll never wash my face again or use any harsh skin product.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread