It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2005, 01:53 PM   #1
(male)

howhorrible HB User
DRY SKIN and THIN HAIR...... NOT GOOD!

Oh my GOD I CAN'T BELEIVE I HAVE RUINED MY LIFE LIKE THIS!!!!!! I don't know if I will EVER be happy again! I was on accutane from last March to late July. In September, my hair started falling out. It fell out for about a month and stopped. It was left a bit thinner. A difference I notice and no one else does. Anyways, it does look bad. It's been 6 months since I got off, but no big hair growth seems to be happening. I really haven't seen any. Will it get better? Also, I was in the south this week, and my skin was not very dry. I came home today, and My Skin WAS SO SO SO SO SO SO dry. It looked like powder on my legs. It was horrible. LITEREALLY SO DRY FLAKY!!!! Today I returned home to the cold dry maine mass weather. Do you think this is why it is SO DRY? Will this ever get better? I feel like I've ruined my body by taking this drug. Will it ever go back to how it was??? Please help, I feel like such a gross person......... and I don't know how to cope with this!!! Help me please! I don't want to become dangerously depressed, because I'm almost there!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2005, 08:46 PM   #2
(female)

tracy1970 HB User
Re: DRY SKIN and THIN HAIR...... NOT GOOD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by howhorrible
Oh my GOD I CAN'T BELEIVE I HAVE RUINED MY LIFE LIKE THIS!!!!!! I don't know if I will EVER be happy again! I was on accutane from last March to late July. In September, my hair started falling out. It fell out for about a month and stopped. It was left a bit thinner. A difference I notice and no one else does. Anyways, it does look bad. It's been 6 months since I got off, but no big hair growth seems to be happening. I really haven't seen any. Will it get better? Also, I was in the south this week, and my skin was not very dry. I came home today, and My Skin WAS SO SO SO SO SO SO dry. It looked like powder on my legs. It was horrible. LITEREALLY SO DRY FLAKY!!!! Today I returned home to the cold dry maine mass weather. Do you think this is why it is SO DRY? Will this ever get better? I feel like I've ruined my body by taking this drug. Will it ever go back to how it was??? Please help, I feel like such a gross person......... and I don't know how to cope with this!!! Help me please! I don't want to become dangerously depressed, because I'm almost there!
Do not worry, If your hair stopped falling out, then that means your body is healing. YOu will get better, just never take that dangerous accutane again. YOUr body is defenitley healing. I think the rapid change in weather has caused your skin to become so dry. To speed up the healing that the accutane has caused i would take NATURAL and I STRESS NATURAL vitamin E. NOt the synthetic type. You will notice that its natural cuz the back will say d-alpha tocopherol instead of the very UNNATURAL dl-alpha tocopherol. I would also use a product called TOTAL EFA by a company called health from the sun. I know I may sound like I psycho but I was taking like 1 spoon every hour for like 2 months that I was on vacation. Don't worry your not a gross person, just think positive because being upset won't help. WHEN WILL PEOPLE LEARN that dermatologists dont know anything. You are a customer and they want you to keep having acne otherwise how will they make there money. You should also take biotin, I heard thats good for your hair. And so are essential fatty acids. Don't take just any essential fatty acids, because some of them have mercury and that is not good, Anyway good luck and think positive.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2005, 07:50 AM   #3
(male)

howhorrible HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracy1970
Do not worry, If your hair stopped falling out, then that means your body is healing. YOu will get better, just never take that dangerous accutane again. YOUr body is defenitley healing. I think the rapid change in weather has caused your skin to become so dry. To speed up the healing that the accutane has caused i would take NATURAL and I STRESS NATURAL vitamin E. NOt the synthetic type. You will notice that its natural cuz the back will say d-alpha tocopherol instead of the very UNNATURAL dl-alpha tocopherol. I would also use a product called TOTAL EFA by a company called health from the sun. I know I may sound like I psycho but I was taking like 1 spoon every hour for like 2 months that I was on vacation. Don't worry your not a gross person, just think positive because being upset won't help. WHEN WILL PEOPLE LEARN that dermatologists dont know anything. You are a customer and they want you to keep having acne otherwise how will they make there money. You should also take biotin, I heard thats good for your hair. And so are essential fatty acids. Don't take just any essential fatty acids, because some of them have mercury and that is not good, Anyway good luck and think positive.
Thank you so much. It's nice to hear something so positive. I'll look into those products. If my hair comes back and my skin goes naturally moist again, I will be so happy. It just sometimes seems like all hope is lost. Is it true that it NEEDS to flush from your system SOME TIME though? I heard it needs to. I just don't understand why this would happen to me when I went on SUCH A LOW DOSAGE for ONLY 4 months. That is not long at all!

Old 02-27-2005, 08:15 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

xismybaby HB User

aww...please dont think you are a gross person...you have to think positively because if you go into depression things will only get worse. Tracy's right biotin is great for strenghtening hair. you may also want to get a multivitamin for your hair, but try to find one without things that can aggravate the skin, like iodine. I know you think your life is ruined but think of the people who have cancer, and they loose all of their hair from chemo...you will find alot of them are just lucky to be alive (like Melissa Etherage). Accutane is a very dangerous drug...Why did you go on it? i mean for cystic acne or something else? Did it at least help your skin at all?...i just hope you start to feel better and please don't go into depression, thats a whole other problem you will have to deal with....good luck

Old 02-27-2005, 08:35 AM   #5
(male)

howhorrible HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xismybaby
aww...please dont think you are a gross person...you have to think positively because if you go into depression things will only get worse. Tracy's right biotin is great for strenghtening hair. you may also want to get a multivitamin for your hair, but try to find one without things that can aggravate the skin, like iodine. I know you think your life is ruined but think of the people who have cancer, and they loose all of their hair from chemo...you will find alot of them are just lucky to be alive (like Melissa Etherage). Accutane is a very dangerous drug...Why did you go on it? i mean for cystic acne or something else? Did it at least help your skin at all?...i just hope you start to feel better and please don't go into depression, thats a whole other problem you will have to deal with....good luck

IT did help my skin. Do you think my dryness and hair will come back?

Old 02-27-2005, 08:44 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

xismybaby HB User

well i have never been on accutane so i don't know...Skin is always repairing itself so your dry skin will most likely heal, your hair is harder to tell...Try searching for some websites about hair growth or the effects of accutane on hair, it might give you some answers, sorry i couldnt help more.

Old 02-27-2005, 03:21 PM   #7
(male)

howhorrible HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xismybaby
well i have never been on accutane so i don't know...Skin is always repairing itself so your dry skin will most likely heal, your hair is harder to tell...Try searching for some websites about hair growth or the effects of accutane on hair, it might give you some answers, sorry i couldnt help more.
It's okay. My doctor said it just takes time for hair follicles to re-build. I hope so. I am seriously depressed. I'm going on an anti depressant!

Old 02-28-2005, 07:04 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

xismybaby HB User

oh no howhorrible, well u better get off them right when your hair gets full and beautiful..

Closed Thread