It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2005, 10:46 AM   #1

BB4Real HB User
Pimple on top of your upper lip

Am I the only one out there who can't stand those little pimples you get right above your top lip? Yeah, yeah, I know everyone's gonna say wow, it might be herpes but it's not. It's a little pimple with a small white head. I don't want to pop it because it could make a scar. I'm on my fourth month of accutane and am constantly applying aquafor and or bert's bees wax constantly throughout the day so I think it's making the pimple hang around longer than it usually would. Any home remedies out there?

Old 03-03-2005, 12:12 PM   #2

Sman HB User
Re: Pimple on top of your upper lip

I have gotten those too and know how you feel...

Do the ones near your mouth feel like a sharp pinch? When I get them it DOES effect what I eat....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2005, 12:17 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Tiefer479 HB User

I know exactly what you mean - I used to get the same, but they were tiny and never had any discharge of any kind. Happily, they eventually resolved more or less spontaneously.

Old 03-03-2005, 01:04 PM   #4

BB4Real HB User

Yeah, they are always small and don't really have a discharge. It's like a tiny whitehead that you want to pop so bad but know you can't. They usually go away pretty quick but I think the oil or grease or whatever from all this chapstick makes it worse.

Old 03-03-2005, 02:49 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

dfwgoodguy HB User

Hey, if you don't know by now. The more you mess with it the longer it stays and the worse it is. If you just wash face as normal, and not touch or pop it, it will heal faster than using a ton of crap on it.

Took me 4 yrs to figure this out in 1 month. 1 month not picking and popping, and only washing, not using tons of crap on em. And your face will thank you with clearer skin.

Leave it alone, who cares what people think? I say this but, don't fully use it. But a week after the pimple is gone, i guarantee its not in anyones mind anymore. So just bare with them while they are there, leave em alone to prevent long term scarring, and you'll be fine.

Good Luck.

Old 03-03-2005, 03:57 PM   #6
(female)

JuiciCouture HB User

There's a lip balm called carmex- it has Salicylic acid in it.. Whenever you have those types of pimples near ur lip..apply that and see if it goes away faster. It isnt the best thing for dry lips on accutane- but it wont clog the pores that are prone to gettin those breakouts. Good luck!

Old 03-04-2005, 01:34 PM   #7

BB4Real HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfwgoodguy
Hey, if you don't know by now. The more you mess with it the longer it stays and the worse it is. If you just wash face as normal, and not touch or pop it, it will heal faster than using a ton of crap on it.

Took me 4 yrs to figure this out in 1 month. 1 month not picking and popping, and only washing, not using tons of crap on em. And your face will thank you with clearer skin.

Leave it alone, who cares what people think? I say this but, don't fully use it. But a week after the pimple is gone, i guarantee its not in anyones mind anymore. So just bare with them while they are there, leave em alone to prevent long term scarring, and you'll be fine.

Good Luck.
Yeah, I agree with you on the whole not touching it or putting anything on it theory. The only reason I have touched it is because my lips are so friggin dry from the accutane, that I have to keep applying chapstick, etc.

Closed Thread