It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2005, 01:19 AM   #1
(male)

mightbaal HB User
Minocycline been like 4 days no good at all!

I have been taking minocycline for like 4-5 days now 100 mgs 2 times daily and it seems as if my face is getting like redish.... I am not in the sun to much its winter here... I also am breaking out kinda hardcore my friend kinda noticed that (I felt like ****) and it is as if I am getting small pimples comming up in areas that I have never seen them in to often before like upper cheeks and my nose... they seem small but I dunno I hope they dont get big.... now the redness may be because it is a little bit hot in here but we will see once it cools down... so far not impressed I hope this is just a inital breakout and it will go away and begin to work for me I dunno...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2005, 01:42 AM   #2
(male)

Vieri HB User
Re: Minocycline been like 4 days no good at all!

Listen bro, based on your other responses about "drinking while on minocycline", you should obviously cut the drinking part. In no way will you improve or let the drug progress if you keep drinking/smoking weed/etc... or any other habit like that.

Seriously, don't ever drink while you are on any type of drug. Could lead to seizures and possible death! Alcohol and heavy treament drugs do not mix, especially minocycline. I don't know if your M.D. warned you or not, but under no circumstances should you be drinking "heavily" under this serious treatment.

Make a sacrifice, and stop drinking! Would you rather wake up with hangovers and see no progress? OR would you rather stop drinking, get serious and correctly go through the whole treatment so you can have clear skin? Simple answer really.

BTW, you can drink ALL you want once your done! so think about this, next time you drink, the only thing that you'll have to worry about is your hangover lol, not your face. SERIOUS CONSISTENCY are the keywords here

L@ter

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2005, 02:00 AM   #3
(male)

mightbaal HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vieri
Listen bro, based on your other responses about "drinking while on minocycline", you should obviously cut the drinking part. In no way will you improve or let the drug progress if you keep drinking/smoking weed/etc... or any other habit like that.

Seriously, don't ever drink while you are on any type of drug. Could lead to seizures and possible death! Alcohol and heavy treament drugs do not mix, especially minocycline. I don't know if your M.D. warned you or not, but under no circumstances should you be drinking "heavily" under this serious treatment.

Make a sacrifice, and stop drinking! Would you rather wake up with hangovers and see no progress? OR would you rather stop drinking, get serious and correctly go through the whole treatment so you can have clear skin? Simple answer really.

BTW, you can drink ALL you want once your done! so think about this, next time you drink, the only thing that you'll have to worry about is your hangover lol, not your face. SERIOUS CONSISTENCY are the keywords here

L@ter
w8t a min are you saying minocycline is a permanet fix to acne? Like once the treatment is over I will no longer have to take meds and will have a clear face?

Old 03-06-2005, 02:34 AM   #4
(male)

Vieri HB User

Yes that is what im saying, it all depends on how you personally treat it. Its really very rare that acne comes back, many people experience failure in these treatments because they do not follow it properly. And by properly i mean, having a good dietary, not using any type of other "substances". You just have to be real responsible is what im saying.
Like i said, you might have to cut down on things you enjoy eating/drinking but in the end it will all be worth it and then you can just go all crazy afterwards. Oh another thing, since you just started the treatment, your body has to get used to it and actually absorb the drug, its in the process of taking over you body. Due to this, your body is in a state of "suprise shock", its pratically normal that you breakout even worst and have a reddish complexion. Trust me, you won't see results until maybe 1 month, maybe 2, whether you are on accutane or minocycline.

Me personally, i was on accutane, was on it for 6 months. Let me tell you it was not easy, since i also like to drink/smoke(anything)...etc, i was basically a heavy "have an awsome time party-goer". I traded all that for 6 months of seriousness, doesnt mean i stopped having fun but it wasnt the same without all the booze you know, i can tell you i was probably the only guy who wasn't drunk in all the parties i been too during the 6 months of treatment.

Its been 2 months since i finished my treatment, to be exact i finished it right after new years. Results, my face is clean as can be, i get no more breakouts, havent gotten 1 SINGLE pimple since then. Only thing thats left are some minor little red marks that eventually will go away in time, these marks are the spots were my acne was the worst so i know what thats about, but its not even noticable. I'm the only one that knows they are there, honeslty i can say my face is 97% clean.

In other words, im not telling you to become some stranger to society and go live off in a cave for months lol, but just be responsible and think twice everytime you are about to do something that you think will affect your preogress in any way.

L@ter

Last edited by Vieri; 03-06-2005 at 02:38 AM. Reason: .

Old 03-06-2005, 02:57 AM   #5
(male)

mightbaal HB User

Think I'll be ok if I drink less and not as often? Like 6 or 7 shots instead of 20-25? and like 2-3 times a week instead of 3-5 times a week?

Old 03-06-2005, 06:14 AM   #6
(male)

EnergyRush HB User

First of all, Minocycline and accutane are two very different drugs...you can't even compare the two. I am on accutane now, but prior to that I was on minocycline for 4 months (and I do not drink or anything)...and it did nothing for me. Minocycline isn't as strong as accutane is, and it does not have the same success rate, of course. It will work for some, and not do anything for others...it just depends on your body, I guess.

I do however agree with Veiri that you shouldn't drink or smoke while on any drug...it just isn't really all that smart...but I think drinking is a little easier on minocycline that it is on accutane.

And, there is no guarantee that minocycline (or even accutane for that matter), will clear you...no matter how healthy your lifestyle is...period.

Matt

Closed Thread