It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2005, 04:31 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

DiselPower4 HB User
Anyone taking Whey Protein?

I know for some people Whey Protein shakes make them breakout; but is there anyone that has acne and is taking whey shakes?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2005, 04:51 PM   #2
Veteran

turbonamja HB User
Re: Anyone taking Whey Protein?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiselPower4
I know for some people Whey Protein shakes make them breakout; but is there anyone that has acne and is taking whey shakes?
Not sure on this ... but I was taking whey, creatine, glutamine, vitamins for working out. I stopped taking everything all together about 8 months ago and while I was on accutane, I was still breaking out. So I am not sure if any of those supplements broke me out or maybe it was still in my system. Not sure.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2005, 09:47 PM   #3
(male)

andertrack HB User
Arrow Re: Anyone taking Whey Protein?

I work out with weights about 3x a week. After I lift I drink a shake with about 1 scoop. I really dont think that this really affects me. Of course if I drank it every day would I stress my body a little.. I think so, and stress doesnt exactly help acne...

Old 03-08-2005, 07:43 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

DiselPower4 HB User

Well, I took 2 shakes yesterday and it looks like I brokeout maybe a little. Not like the old days where i would get plenty. It is so minor I'd rather keep taking the shake. Also i am seening good gains.

Old 03-08-2005, 04:46 PM   #5
Veteran

turbonamja HB User

Quote:
Well, I took 2 shakes yesterday and it looks like I brokeout maybe a little. Not like the old days where i would get plenty. It is so minor I'd rather keep taking the shake. Also i am seening good gains.
Let us know how it goes. I was thinking about getting back on it again too. Well once my tricep partial tear heals

Old 03-08-2005, 09:51 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Piranna65 HB User

my b/f takes whey protein shakes and so does his roommate they get an ocassional pimple here or there but not a massive outbreak...are you showering after the gym since the sweat is clogging your pores?

Old 03-09-2005, 05:38 AM   #7
(male)

Pilky HB User

Quote:
What brand are you taking? I take Isopure (Dutch Chocolate) and that didnt break me out and it was very good.

Old 03-09-2005, 02:10 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

Andrew29 HB User

I break out when taking whey protein based on the amount I have. 1 scoop a day is not a problem. However, when I take 2-3 scoops/day, I do notice more acne.

Old 03-09-2005, 04:05 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

dfwgoodguy HB User

Breakouts have been known to happen with both whey and soy. Only way you can know for sure, is to try it, and if it breaks you out, now you know.

I find that my body is more important, than letting acne control me. I control me, not my face or acne...The acne will go away, and when it does, ill be cut and buff...ready to face the world with the knowledge ive gained from having acne, and the build to match.

Old 03-09-2005, 04:15 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

DiselPower4 HB User

WHEY IS THE DEVILL!! i am breaking out. I will go back to SOY which doesnt make me breakout . I hate it i spent 30 bucks on whey.

Old 03-12-2009, 01:49 PM   #11
(male)

jfoote HB User

I take a whey protein powder by us-sport and I haven't had any problems with acne.

Closed Thread