It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2005, 08:20 AM   #1

txangel28 HB User
Staph infection

I was recently diagnosised with a recurring staph infection after what I thought I was dealing with was cystic acne. I was just wondering if anyone else had thought to have a culture done and what the results were.

Old 03-08-2005, 10:30 AM   #2

txangel28 HB User
Re: Staph infection

Staphylococcus aureus (S. aureus) is a common bacteria. Many healthy people have it on their skin or in their noses. Occasionally it causes infections. Most are minor skin infections, such as pimples and boils.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2005, 09:17 AM   #3
(female)

herb princess HB User

I have had a staph infection for 6 months now on my face,..have had 2 cultures that show staph. Been to internist, dermotologist and a doctor for infectious disease. all prescribed keflex, antibiotic,,,it has not knock it,,,,an herbalist suggested grapefruit seed extract mixed in water and red clover tea,,,both helped some,,,but have yet to be cured,,,any help out there? I am a newbie and came to this website for help in a cure,,,I am miserable.

Old 04-03-2005, 10:47 AM   #4
(male)

obowl4 HB User

i have the same exact thing and mine was due to not shaving every day. I know shave every day and take keflex 4 times a day and use a cleatin T gel on my face. I dont have acne, i have a staph germ and it was caused by ingrown hairs and not shaving.

Old 05-31-2005, 02:55 AM   #5
(female)

Missy7 HB User

Hi everyone. I too was diagnosed with staph infection couple of weeks ago. I've been having recurring boils on my thighs for some time now and those of you who esperience them would know that they leave the ugliest scars and very very annoying.

Anyway, although I still don't know the cause of it, my doctor recommended some everyday precautions to keep this nasty infection at bay. Apparently the staph infection usually resides in the creases of the groin and it thrives in warm/moist areas of the body. He said that for the next few months, I have to follow these simple rules.

1.If you're female and love wearing comfy pants like me, sorry about the bad news but you have to say goodbye to them. I've been advised to wear skirts as often as possible to let my upper legs and groin area breathe.

2. Wear no underwear to bed - this is the bit I'm still trying to get used to.

3. Iron every piece of clothing at high temperatures including your underwear because staph virus can withstand the hot water in the washing.

4. If you must wear pants, iron them inside out cos the bacteria can reside on the fabric, repeating the infection. Ironing them with hot iron will kill them.

5. Do not use the same towel to dry your body after showers, change them everyday if you can - and never share clothes or towels with others.

6. Change your bed sheets regularly

7. Wash your private parts (front and back) after every bowel movement.

8. Change your underwear every 5 hours - this can be a bit of a pain but apparently the infection tends to spread to your underwear and everytime you go to the toilet and pull your underwear down, it scrapes past your legs spreading the infection to your thighs - which is why it's more common to get boils on the bum and thighs.

I only started following these rules couple of weeks ago but I must say everytime I had a sign of a boil (that red little bump), it's been drying up and calming down rather than developing further. I know antbiotics are a quick fix but they don't guarantee the infection won't come back. As much of a hassle as some of the above points are, maybe some changes to our daily habits will ensure a longer term solution. If any of you try these tips, please keep me posted on whether it helped.

Take care and good luck!!!

Old 08-02-2010, 03:23 PM   #6
(male)

Humphriesp HB User

Hi.

I have recurring staph infection too. it actually started when I went to africa a year ago but ever since I have been getting it. I treated myself for pvl which is an advanced form of staph infection and came back clear after using the body wash and nose gel etc. my doctor told me to do a lot of the things you're talking about ie changing bed sheets daily and stuff but she said it was just for the time i was taking the treatment. anyway what I guess I'm wondering is If you had the treatment? ( pink body wash ) etc because mine came back the other day after being told 2 months ago that I was clear. and Im wondering what is causing it to keep coming back. I don't see any reason why I would have a weak immune system as I eat a lot of fish and also carotene and just a lot of fruit and veg.

Thanks

Closed Thread