It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2005, 01:24 PM   #1
(female)

member86 HB User
my Smoothbeam experience

I haven't been to this board for some time because I was controlling my acne with spironolactone. Well, it was getting pretty pricy and I kept getting 1-2 cysts on my face so I decided to try smoothbeam. I stopped taking spiro and did the smoothbeam for approximately 4 months.

The first week after my first treatment, my skin looked its best it had in a while. It minimized my shallow rolling scars (not eliminated them) and I had very few, small pimples. I got compliments from my family and my boyfriend. I felt like a million bucks! I was so excited, however a few weeks later, my skin started looking kinda bad again w/ breakouts.

Then I got my second treatment, my skin looked a little better but not as good as it did a week after my first treatment. A few weeks later I started breaking out and couldn't wait to get the third treatment, hoping for the best.

I got the third treatment and my skin looked terrible for weeks after that and I got a blister on my face. I had a major breakout (which might have been caused by using a salycic acid moisturizer for the first time in a long time).

The fourth and last laser treatment I had gave me a couple of more blisters in places I never get pimples and really didn't help alleviate my breakout. I still breakout, cysts and all.

Well that was my laser experience in a nutshell. Not too great for me since it was super expensive and didn't help w/ my acne, however I did notice a difference in it smoothing out my scars a tad bit. The scars I have are shallow, rolling scars. Hopefully, I will find another method that can help fix these scars once I've defeated my acne.

P.S. I'm in the process of getting on accutane.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread