It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2005, 01:50 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Kymberlee HB User
Question Tazorac vs. Retin-a Micro...what's the difference?

Is one med. stronger than the other??? Which drug has worked best for you??? Thanks in advance!!!

Old 03-14-2005, 05:43 PM   #2
(male)

David M HB User
Smile Re: Tazorac vs. Retin-a Micro...what's the difference?

I have used both of these at one time or another.. Currently I am using Taz which for me is much less irritating then Retin A.. There are two different strenghts of Taz and while I have used both, I sometimes alternate between the two of them. Keep in mind when applying either of these meds, that you need not to go overboard with them. A small amount does go a long way, and applying more will not speed up the clearing process. Another thing that you may not be aware of is that both of these can make you break out more initially. That is why sometimes I dont use the 0.01% but I use the 0.05% instead. The use of a good skin moisturizer of course is very beneficial when using both of these, and I have also found that if you use them EVERY OTHER DAY as opposed to EVERY DAY you might have less irritation.. This is not to say that this is best as everyones skin reacts differently, but this is what does work for me... I also use the AZTEC INDIAN CLAY mask on a daily basis and the combo of the two of these things have worked wonders for me. GOOD LUCK and I hope this helps you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2005, 06:08 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Kymberlee HB User
Re: Tazorac vs. Retin-a Micro...what's the difference?

Hey,David, thanks! I've been on the Retin-a Micro for over a year(the strongest dose!) AND I use it every night with no problems. I have heard that the Tazorac is stronger than Retin-a... is this true?

Old 03-15-2005, 09:22 PM   #4
(male)

David M HB User
Re: Tazorac vs. Retin-a Micro...what's the difference?

HMMM.... I found them both to be about the same, only on here I have heard more horror stories from people on Taz then anything.. Sure it does cause you to break out more in the beginning when you first start therapy, but it does clear you up... I only experienced that in the very beginning when I first started using it and was unsure about how much to apply and how frequently. I learned my lesson very fast. As for one or the other being stroger, I would be inclined to say that Taz could very well be, cause my derm said that he has had better results with people on Taz as opposed to being on Retin A but I think that they are both relatively similar. It has been a long time since I have been on Retin A, as I have been using Taz a lot more. Even after my 12 week period of being on it,my derm told me that I may continue using it indefinatley with no side effects etc, which is what I am presently doing. You might want to give Taz a shot though, if nothing else, just to compare the two...

Closed Thread