It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2005, 01:12 PM   #1

pattyd HB User
Unhappy Help! Oozing, pusing pimple from hell

Hi there,

Sorry for the scary visual but I have a monster-sized pimple that will not go away.

Couple of weeks ago it popped up by nose. I smothered it with pimple medicine, it retreated but, for reasons I can't explain, it came back this morning. IT IS HUGE. Like, inhumanely HUGE.

It's red and oozing puss and I just want to vomit looking at it. I tried putting ice on it but that just seem to make it more angry. Out of complete desperation, I tried to pop it. It is now bigger and redder than before. I can't even cover it up with make-up because it's like a little volcano on my face right now, oozing puss (YUCK!!!). The make-up won't stick.

Can you please help? Maybe an acne mask you could recommend? I called in sick from work today because it is distracting people, if you can imagine. I can actually SEE people notice it!

I really hate this and would appreciate any emergency advice you can give. I have an appointment with a dermatologist next Tuesday but, until then, I have to get out of the house sometime.

Thanks much,

Patty

Old 03-16-2005, 01:35 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

arock HB User
Re: Help! Oozing, pusing pimple from hell

hey patti, i totally feel your pain. pimple popping is pretty controversial you know, and not often effective, as you found out, but there are ways of doing it, if it can be done. can it be done on the pimple in question? if it's just not going away and is deep under the skin, i would avoid further tampering, that will usually just make it worse.

first, wash with either a mild salicylic acid or glycolic acid cleanser and lukewarm water, rinse thoroughly with very cold water. ice will make it redder, but that is very temporary, and if you keep it on there for at least 10 minutes should really help with the swelling. you could even use a frozen tea cube, like chamomile (soothing) or green tea (antioxidant). then i would dab it, very carefully, with a strong alcohol (i use the 99%, but BE CAREFUL!!) on a q-tip, then apply either 10% cortisone, like cortaid, or a 2-5% benzoyl peroxide or sulfur lotion only to the pimple!! these things are extremely drying, and may make it a bit scabby tomorrow, so you will need to use a bit of moisturizer in the morning to make your makeup stick and not look all icky, but it should work to at least get the thing to calm down a bit until you can get it to a professional. your derm can inject it with cortisone and it'll go away in a day.

good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2005, 01:35 PM   #3
(male)

hahaaaa HB User

you shouldn't smother it mayyyynnnnnnnnnnnnn... if you didn't touch it it would be gone in like 4 days... g/l with that though

Old 03-16-2005, 01:44 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

arock HB User

yeah, hahaaaa is probably right, the less done to it the better.

but if it were on my face, that's what i'd do! put some stuff on it, then leave the thing alone!

and i'd fast for the day too, nothing but herbal tea w/ lotsa lemon and tons of water. no sugar, no dairy, no chocolate, no *gasp! choke!* caffeine, and no coffee, not even decaf. that's just me though.

Old 03-16-2005, 06:30 PM   #5

kittikat HB User

i would call your dermatologist office and ask if you could come it right away to have it injected with cortisone. When I had cystic acne, I went the dermatologist the next day and had it injected by his assistant. You don't necessarily need to see the dermatologist to get it done. When I did get it injected, it went away the next day. It was such a relief.

Old 03-16-2005, 06:40 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Anibanani HB User

put some apple cider vinegar on it that will dry it fast

Old 03-17-2005, 06:28 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

BostonGirl44 HB User

Like kittikat, I'd call up the derm and get it injected right away. There used to be such a wait to see the derm but I was a good customer and they let me in sometimes the same day I called lol. Sometimes I'd lie and say I had a wedding to attend that weekend or that I was going away...stupid things like that and all in the name of being less self conscious and having higher self esteem.

Last edited by BostonGirl44; 03-17-2005 at 06:29 AM.

Old 03-17-2005, 07:22 AM   #8

carole820 HB User

The same thing happened to me once before a job interview and I went to a cosmetic counter and asked if there was any way to cover it up. The woman there recommended a product by Clinique called "City Block Face Protector" which is a sunscreen. We put some right on the pimple and let it dry before applying the foundation. It gave the makeup something to adhere to and my foundation lasted through the interview. Good luck!

Closed Thread