It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2005, 01:35 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Andrew29 HB User
Unhappy I hate acne! I hate my life

I'm currently 21 and have had acne for about 8 years now (1st pimple was 10 years ago). I'm not going to go into the specifics of the impact it's had on my life, but generally, it's ruined my life up until this point. And there is no end in sight.

It's not the most severe acne, but I think I do have the most persistant case of acne of everyone. I've tried everything. I've even been on Accutane 5 times. 5 times! And I'm 21. And I still have acne! My acne used to go away while I was on Accutane then come back a few months later. This used to be the trend; so I would just go on Accutane so I could be somewhat happy for those months. However, during the last 2 courses of Accutane, my acne isn't even going away anymore. Accutane used to give me hope, but now it's not even working anymore. So, I have no faith that my acne is going to clear up anytime soon; if anything it's probably going to get worse. My brother (2 courses of Accutane) is 25 and still has acne, so I have no hope that I'm going to grow out of it soon. I'm not really a suicidal person, but after some thought.. I really am considering it. I can't take it anymore, and having it for 4+ more years is too much suffering to take...

Last edited by Andrew29; 03-17-2005 at 01:36 AM.

Old 03-17-2005, 04:51 AM   #2
(male)

John2005 HB User
Re: I hate acne! I hate my life

Dude don't give up hope I'm in the same age as your brother and still have acne! And don't do anything stupid! Email me if you want to talk about it! Just don't give up one day you'll have clear skin!

[ please carefully review the posting rules - no emails ]

Last edited by moderator2; 03-17-2005 at 06:01 AM. Reason: please carefully review the posting rules - no emails

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2005, 05:44 AM   #3
(female)

jazmella HB User

Have you tried diet changes? Getting enough sleep at night? etc.

Sometimes all your body needs is a "spring cleaning" from the inside, and just using the KISS method: Keep It Simple, Stupid.

I completely understand how you feel, however. Sometimes suicide does feel like a safe way out of this mess, but it's not. Step back for a moment and really contemplate life...Look at what you would be missing. For me, even seeing the sun rise in the morning or hearing the rain fall is enough of a reason to be happy. Try to see the beauty in life, it's there if we all just look.

P.S., you can email/message me anytime aswell if you need a kind ear. Or in this case, eye/s.

Old 03-17-2005, 05:45 AM   #4
(male)

stan HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew29
I'm currently 21 and have had acne for about 8 years now (1st pimple was 10 years ago). I'm not going to go into the specifics of the impact it's had on my life, but generally, it's ruined my life up until this point. And there is no end in sight.

It's not the most severe acne, but I think I do have the most persistant case of acne of everyone. I've tried everything. I've even been on Accutane 5 times. 5 times! And I'm 21. And I still have acne! My acne used to go away while I was on Accutane then come back a few months later. This used to be the trend; so I would just go on Accutane so I could be somewhat happy for those months. However, during the last 2 courses of Accutane, my acne isn't even going away anymore. Accutane used to give me hope, but now it's not even working anymore. So, I have no faith that my acne is going to clear up anytime soon; if anything it's probably going to get worse. My brother (2 courses of Accutane) is 25 and still has acne, so I have no hope that I'm going to grow out of it soon. I'm not really a suicidal person, but after some thought.. I really am considering it. I can't take it anymore, and having it for 4+ more years is too much suffering to take...
yeah dont give up im 21 and ive had acne for years too ive been on all antibiotics for it i have cystic acne all over my back i dont have cysts on my face just few pimples im on accutane at the minute into my 2nd month i suffer with depression and social anxiety this is because of the acne it ruins your life ive even tried to end it all so i know how you feel im ok now but i look back and think that its just the easy way out and you have to fight it and keep trying because you will have clear skin eventually what does your derm say about it is he giving you anything else? it would be worth talking to a councellor as well it really helps if you want to talk about it we are always here
goodluck

Old 03-17-2005, 07:41 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

xismybaby HB User

andrew, suicide is never the answer, dont worry you will find something that will eventually work for you. Stop stressing, i know its easier said than done. You know just because accutane is supposed to get rid of acne, doesnt mean it always works for you, you have to find your own way in preventing acne, because everyone is different. Maybe you should give up the meds for a while and try to change little things such as diet, add vitamins to your life, drink tea, exercise and stop worrying. What type of acne do you have? Maybe your body is trying to tell you something is wrong, have you went to an internal medicine doctor or anything?

Old 03-17-2005, 09:04 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

Needzhelp HB User

I know how it feels. In fact I prolly would have already attempted it if it wasn't for my girlfriend and our future. There's really a unlucky few of us that feel we'll never have a success story. We have to accept it I guess and value life while we have it. We only live once. and even though we have to live this ONCE with acne, life just isn't fair. Just keep your faith in God, he's doing it for a reason and he'll get rid of it one day.

Old 03-17-2005, 12:23 PM   #7
(female)

zara1 HB User

Hang in there, we all know what you're going through. I know it seems like theres no end to this tunnel but there is you just have to find the root of your problem. Like everone suggested, try get off the meds and changing your diet. If you read other posts on this board you'll find lots of tips. Before i joined this board i felt the way you did and would be in tears every night but after i found this site its really helped me change and be positive. My skin is not clear but i have my confidence back and sometimes i do feel abit concious but i can hide that very well.
You will overcome your problem it just takes a little time. Firslty, go and get a food allergy test done and see if you're allergic to anything and try eliminate those from your diet and see how it goes.
Secondly, use oil free products and dont over wash. Try exercise and eat healthy.
Dont give up

Old 03-17-2005, 05:36 PM   #8
Inactive

matterson HB User

y kill yourself over something like this? yes acne ruined my life as well, but always remember as my mother would say...this life is short, and is just getting u prepared for eternity...its how you act as a person and if you are religious that counts. someday when you are old and wrinkled lol you will look back and be like why was i so worried about something so stupid when i was a kid..i wish i would have all those years back that i worried about my skin. always remember the only people worth carrying about is the ones that like you for yourself, and not what you look like. there are millions of people in the world that im sure have it worse then you... you will get through this, just keep busy, and quit looking in the mirror

Old 03-17-2005, 07:19 PM   #9
(male)

BoiBoi HB User

hey.Andrew bro..I totally understand how ya feeling at the moment..I'm turning 25 soon..and I still have acnes....I started to have it at the age of 16.. and it's getting worse since then..I have tried everything..nothing actually worked...

I broke up with my gfs and even lost my job cuz of these cruel spots on my face...I also did consider to kill myself many times in the past...but no it's a really selfish thought..think of ur momdad and family....they have been raising u up til this age..and u wanna kill urself just because of those silly ances??

You still have 4 yrs to catch up with me....who knows...next month..ur acnes will vanished..it might just because of ur hormones...hanging in their bro...the more ya worry..the more breakouts u will get...dun worry..ya not the only victim of those cruel acnes in this world..plenty of ppl out there mate! I will start my 1st Accutane next week.. hopefully everything will be fine on my side..this is my last hope..if it doesn't worked...I will be happy and live my life to the fullest..because I did try my best and I will accept it no matter wuh!...cheers up bro!...

Old 03-17-2005, 08:08 PM   #10
(female)

cutiecat HB User

Andrew,

Please don't consider suicide! Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I lost someone very close to me to suicide. You have no idea how devastating that is to your family. Don't do that to your family the people who love you dearly, not only do you hurt yourself but your whole family will suffer for the rest of their lives for your actions. So please think about that. I promise you there is a solution to your acne you just haven't found it yet keep your head up and keep going there is hope.

Old 03-17-2005, 08:23 PM   #11
(male)

radioguy21 HB User

Andrew-
Please listen to everyone who has responded to your post. If all of these people that have never met you care enough to help dissuade you from suicide, think about how much your family and close friends would want to help you through this. Yes--acne is frustrating and a total b*tch, and those who suffer from it for several years, like most people on this board, will agree with you. But please think about what you may be doing since like cutiecat said, suicide is a permanent solution for a temporary problem, and acne (for men in particular) is temporary and will subside in time. I will pray for you. Take care!

Old 03-17-2005, 11:22 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

Andrew29 HB User

I just want to thank everyone for their replies. Despite the fact that I think about, I don't think I would ever actually be able to commit suicide. It's tough, like I just want to live my life to the fullest, but I know I can never because I get too depressed over my acne. I just don't have hope for the future. Accutane is known as the last-chance "miracle-drug" when people don't respond to every other kind of treatment. And I used this "miracle-drug" 5 times and I still can't get a clear face. Just think about how discouraging that is. A few years back, I definetly thought that by age 21, my acne would finally go away. But the fact that my brother still has acne at 25, is causing me to lose all hope that I will grow out of it soon..

My diet isn't perfect, but I think have eliminated 75% of the foods that I suspect might give me acne. Getting more sleep is something I could definetly work on...but because it takes me like an hour to get rdy to go to bed (applying ice, topicals, etc..) it really cuts into my sleep time; that extra hour would get me a good 8hrs sleep.

Old 03-18-2005, 10:05 AM   #13
(female)

member86 HB User

Try getting your thyroid checked. Just a thought.

Old 03-18-2005, 10:19 AM   #14

Krys77 HB User

I am another person that understands what your going through. I am 27 now, and I am a girl. When I was in junior high, my acne was terrible. I had to go to school like this. And I knew it wasn't pretty. Around my junior year my face started to clear up. I used Noxema at that time. I myself had tried just about everything under the sun. For 4 years Noxema worked for me. But one day, it just seemed to stop working. Probably change in hormones or something. Anyway, I started trying this and that again! I never tried any prescription medicines or anything. About 2 years ago, I tried the Proactive Solution. I'm sure you've seen it advertise on television. Well, it didn't work for me either. I still broke out quite a bit actually. But, a friend of mine broke out just as much as I did, and the Proactive Solution works for her! She looks great! I know it doesn't work for everybody, it didn't for me, but she's living proof for me that it does work. I guess it just depends on your system. I know of a 13 year old girl that's using it right now, and she has the same problem with acne on her back and it's clearing her face and back up quite nicely. She's only been using it for about 1 month. Her acne's not completely gone yet, but we can see a change in it already. So for her, it's working also. I now use Olay products. And I'm doing just fine. This works for me. Everybody's different. It is a pain to keep trying all kinds of different products, but when you find the right one you'll be soooooo happy! Best of luck to you, I really hope you find what it is you need!!!

Old 03-18-2005, 01:24 PM   #15

NiGHT_StORM HB User

Hi Andrew,sorry your so drepressed about the acne.Anyway im not going to give u the speech about how you should cheer up and all that stuff,cuz i know its hard to deal with and when its really bad like mine was every now and then.You just wish you could be invisiable,so noone could see your face when you went to a store or anywhere that alot of ppl are at.

But listen up,i think ive finally found my acne cure.I just started this just about 5 or 6 days ago but it started working the next day for me.Now i know everyone is different and all that,but it is worth a shot anyway,that is unless you are already doing it.Anyway i found that soda was appearently the reason i kept acne all the time.I drink alot of soda and very little of anything else(not anymore though,,a few days ago i went all day without drinking any soda.Well that night i realized that i hadnt drink a single drop of soda all day.So i just decided to try going for a week or so without drinking any soda or anything with caffine or anything carbonated.Just because i want to stop drinking soda,it isnt good for you and for me it is like trying to stop smoking.Anyway today is about the 7th day ive gone with out any soda whatso ever.And guess what? i have not got any new pimples since before i stopped drinking it,and the 1s i had before are almost gone.Also my face is less oily as well.I must say it feels great to be clearing up.Though i am still worried that im gonna wake up with a really bad 1 on my face everynight.But so far its working,and im not touching another soda again.

Anyway what im saying is (incase it wasnt clear up there) stop drinking soda or anything else with caffine or thats carbonated.Give it atleast a week and see if you notice any difference in you face.Im not sure what it is in the soda that makes me get pimples but im thinking its the caffine or because its carbonated.But try it,maybe it will help you 2.

Closed Thread