It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2005, 03:58 PM   #1
(female)

debouis HB User
Question New 2 me.. /Accutane/need advice

Hi there!
My names Mocha Debouis i'm 16 and i've had acne since i was about 12 so maybe 4-5 yrs now, but of course some days better than others some years as well better than others. You see my acne was like a rollercoaster up and down up and down, it's been pretty good this year but i've ahd some help with the more mild anitbiotics. I got sick of it i hated that at the age of 16 i won't leave the house unless i have coverup on so i turned to accutane. its funny but its only been 9 days and my skin is greatly changing.

Now here are my questions~~~

-I know that my sikn will get dry and it is.. but is it ok that its dry and that little bits can peel off??
-should i mosturize.. and if so any recomendations?
-any lip balm favs? i've been using Body shop lip balm but i feel its more of a gloss than anything else.
-this is one for anyone who has been on accutane.. did it help at all with getting rid of marks caused by acne??
-i also have marks one my back from picking will accutane help with that? my dermo said that i would need to use a cream once i'm done accutane.

If you can help at all fill any of these questions with answers i would be very greatful.
THANK YOU!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2005, 02:15 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

arock HB User
Re: New 2 me.. /Accutane/need advice

-I know that my sikn will get dry and it is.. but is it ok that its dry and that little bits can peel off??
yup, that's fine, try not to mess withthem though!

-should i mosturize.. and if so any recomendations?
i use clindamycin lotion, sometimes murad perfecting lotion

-any lip balm favs? i've been using Body shop lip balm but i feel its more of a gloss than anything else.
i like ulta lip balm, and burt's bees lip balm, but even bonne bell is better than nothing!

-this is one for anyone who has been on accutane.. did it help at all with getting rid of marks caused by acne??
i'm almost to month 5, and so far, not much, but we'll see, i still have probably at least another month to go

-i also have marks one my back from picking will accutane help with that? my dermo said that i would need to use a cream once i'm done accutane.
quit picking! the accutane will help w/ the acne, and should make your skin exfoliate, which, theoretically, should help with the marks and some of the scarring. we'll see.

good luck with the treatment, i hope it goes easily for you! ali

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread