It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2005, 07:51 PM   #1
(male)

begorborrow HB User
za

za za za za za za za za

Last edited by begorborrow; 06-19-2008 at 08:53 PM.

Old 03-24-2005, 07:55 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

dfwgoodguy HB User
Re: New zit forming...Hydrogen Peroxide = no good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by begorborrow
So I've got a really faded red bump, gonna turn in to a medium sized one
Hydrogen Peroxide is a bad idea?

Only Benzoyl is beneficial? this is my understanding...

Also if anyone has a different method to fight this zit, please share?

Best thing to do....leave the focker alone. Everyone is mislead to think you need to do somthing to a pimple or your face for acne to go away. The best thing to do is wash with a gentle cleanser twice a day and not touch your face at all during the day. Stop popping and squeezing, and i guarantee you'll see a bigger difference than you have since using products.

Of course, your acne might have been started by hormones, but a lot of peoples acne is prolonged because of them. Constantly washing their faces, touching, and worst of all popping and squeezing.

Leave it alone, and it will work out better than using anything on it, i promise.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2005, 07:56 PM   #3
(male)

fixme HB User

ummm i would definitely not recommend putting hydrogen peroxide on it LOL
if it were happening to me and i had something special to do where i wanted to look good i would just pop it and throw some concealer on it...which probably isnt a good idea either but it hides it really well lol....if there is nothing that you have to do or look good for just leave the sucker alone...thats always the best thing...let it take its course

Last edited by fixme; 03-24-2005 at 07:57 PM.

Old 03-25-2005, 07:25 AM   #4

carole820 HB User

When I feel a big one coming on, I put ice on it and take ibuprophen. I follow that with a little tea tree oil or BP, but I usually wipe off the BP after about 20 minutes and then moistuize. Otherwise the whole area gets too dry. It doesn't work miracles, but it also seems to keep them from getting really big and eventually popping. When I get this right, I usually have a little bump for a couple of days and then it goes away. Unlike a lot of people who post here who like to get these to come to a head and pop them asap, I like to do whatever I can to keep them from getting to the stage where they need to be popped. I think less popping and picking = less scarring. Plus, they're easier to cover when they aren't all scabby (sorry to be gross!) or overly dry.

Closed Thread