It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2005, 01:57 PM   #1
(female)

Tygrysek HB User
Small white bumps on cheeks?!

hey everyone. my acne isn't that bad (except for scars-urgh) but lately i've noticed i get these little whie bumps on my cheeks. They look like acne is forming, but some have been there now for months and nothing has formed! They're just "there" and i can't squeze them out or anything. I can cover it up with make-up but then my skin looks bumpy. Ive tried putting creams on them etc, but nothing helps. Does anyone know what they are and how to get rid of them??

Old 03-26-2005, 07:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

dfwgoodguy HB User
Re: Small white bumps on cheeks?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygrysek
hey everyone. my acne isn't that bad (except for scars-urgh) but lately i've noticed i get these little whie bumps on my cheeks. They look like acne is forming, but some have been there now for months and nothing has formed! They're just "there" and i can't squeze them out or anything. I can cover it up with make-up but then my skin looks bumpy. Ive tried putting creams on them etc, but nothing helps. Does anyone know what they are and how to get rid of them??
Do they go away? Just continue a normal washing routine, twice a day. Don't overdue anything on your face, its not wanting that. Just wash as normal, its better to get these than pimples or actual whiteheads. Good Luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2005, 11:56 PM   #3
Inactive

Takara HB User

Differin or glycolic acid should really help with those. It did for me.

Old 03-27-2005, 10:16 AM   #4
(female)

Tygrysek HB User

No they dont go away. As one forms they stay there for months.. Thanks for your advice guys!

Old 04-19-2005, 05:08 PM   #5
(female)

xsoccerchicx HB User

omg i have the EXACT same thing!!! Ive never had bad acne up until gr 12 which is really embarassing cz everyone else has clear skin now.. but i freaked wen i found out that there were white bumps.. not really noticeable.. but there.. on the sides of my cheeks.. I tried popping them.. but with the grease from my fingers it seemed i created blackheads and whatever else. So i went to my derm and he perscribed differin. And im still on it! THe bumps are gone ((FINALLY)) because he said it was almost like whiteheads trapped under layars of skin. So anyway all thats left are red marks to where they used to be. I'm thinking ill get the blue light to get rid of them. So anyway, goodluck, definately go on differin, and you wont have to worry.

Old 04-19-2005, 07:35 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

ummsure HB User

I have the same thing, its called Milia. They are hard to get rid of. It sucks!

Old 04-23-2005, 07:11 AM   #7
(female)

jamilcp HB User

A lot of times those bumps or milia are caused from using comedogenic products. for instance people who have to wear heavy makeup for theater or tv get them often. Have you started using any new products in the past 6 months? sometimes it can take that long for a product to produce the milia. Also using products that are too heavy for your skin can cause it. One other thing to think about is do you get them in your blush line? Many blushes used Red dyes that are extremely comedogenic and can definatley cause the milia.
As far as popping them don't do it! the milia are trapped under a layer of skin and there is no opening for the contents to expel so if you squeeze it will only result in causing it to turn into a whitehead. I would recommend going to see a licensed esthetician because she/he can use a lancet to create an opening and safely extract it for you. the glycolic will definatley help because aha's work to remove the dead outer layer of skin which is what is trapping the milia. hope this was helpful!

Closed Thread