It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2005, 06:14 AM   #1
(male)

kizmatica HB User
Advice? glycolic

Hi, i have moderate acne, and am currently using 'clear face acne treatment' cream which has uva ursi to combat bacteria, zinc oxide to reduce oil secretion and salicylic acid to help remove dead skin cells. I put this on every night.

I have just ordered glycolic acid 8% night cream, and a 30% peel from ebay. Will i be able to use both the night cream at night and the acne treatment? will the glycolic acid age my skin at all? im worried that if i use both it might make my skin worse .

please any advice. i really want to reduce my acne (which has almost gone) but have glowing (non pale) skin at the same time and keep my baby face .

Old 03-28-2005, 06:23 AM   #2
(female)

spotty99 HB User
Re: Advice? glycolic

I had really severe acne about 5 months ago and getting gycolic peels (20%)and using AHA based cream (6%) helped eliminated the acne by 99% and smoothen out my skin texture tremendously. I was on Doxy for 2 months too - so, I think that must have helped too. Despite some acne scars and remaining red marks (which is fading away nicely), my skin looks healthy and radiant.

There are a lot of mixed feelings towards using AHA, i.e. potentially aging you, etc etc. I think you need to do your own research and then decide what is best for your skin. For me, AHA basically saved my skin after 20 years of severe acne. If you are concerned with potential bad reaction to AHA, I suggest that you start off slowly by perhaps doing spot test.

Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2005, 04:17 PM   #3
(male)

kizmatica HB User

thanks

is it quite common for peoples skin to age whilst on glycolic acid?

Old 03-28-2005, 11:24 PM   #4
(female)

spotty99 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizmatica
thanks

is it quite common for peoples skin to age whilst on glycolic acid?
There is a thread here that says that AHA DOES age your skin. There were a couple of people saying that they were using for like years and now regret it. I have only used AHA for 5 months and honestly speaking, my skin looks more youthful and radiant - I am 35. The professional therapist that does my peels is in her 50s and has been using AHA for ages and her skin definately does not look aged - in fact, it looked more youthful. But one thing I was advised when I started using AHA is that because AHA works at removing the outer layer of your skin, you need to protect your new skin by using lots of sunscreen. Again, I think it is a choice you need to make after doing your research.

Closed Thread