It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2003, 05:20 PM   #1
Inactive

Scorpio8647 HB User
Unhappy SCARS! How do I make my face smooth & nice again??

Hi I am new here... and I am really liking this site... there's so much stuff to post abou problems.I just posted in the teen forums.

Ok.... I'm a 16 year old Black male who used to have acne but just have scars left all over my face.They've been there for a while but they looked healed but it won't like completely go any further. My whole body is lighter and smoother than my face & it looks really depressing to compare it to my face. My facial color is uneven... rugged looking with scars here and there from past acne.The only time my face really look good in is the bathroom mirror which makes me look flawless almost but in others... it looks horrible. When you look really really close on my face... you'll see tiny bumps just everywhere... I don't know what they are.But my facial skin tone has changed, it looks darker and uglier and there's a huge difference. I want my face to look refreshed & smooth like it once did.I don't want surgery because my mom won't let me do something like that for my scars.I've tried lots of products from the store for my face but I just end up wasting my money which I really hate!!I've had acne for about 6 years and my face is really beaten up from it all these years.... Is there anything out there that will work for me!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2003, 08:52 PM   #2
Veteran

EMMANUEL HB User
I don't know what to tell you--there must be something you can do. I have scars too. but I'm white, so there are more options for me, since I don't have to worry about hypopigmentation(lightening of dark skin). It's very difficult to get rid of scars. If you want to lighten your skin there are plenty of options, like maybe you can start out with retin-A.
good luck

Peace

~*Emma*~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2003, 07:12 AM   #3

Moonique HB User
try and do a google search
scarring and african american

i use sheabutter maybe that will help you ?
or cocoabutter?
stay away from skinlightening cremes with hydroquinone
be gentle with your face don't use harsh stuff
try to eat healthy , stuff with lots of good vitamin's in it like vitamine A and E
when my face feels rough i use plain milk
to make it softer

Old 04-27-2003, 12:19 PM   #4
Veteran

EMMANUEL HB User
Just thought you'd like to know that shea butter and cocoa butter both cause break-outs.

Peace

~*Emma*~

Old 04-27-2003, 09:04 PM   #5

GirlGirl HB User
HI
Just out of curiousity, how did you get rid of the acne? It sounds like you could talk with a dermatologist and have him or her tell you about some non-surgical options.

Old 04-29-2003, 03:23 AM   #6

Moonique HB User
hi emma,

i have oily skin, large pores
i use 100% natural refined sheabutter and jojoba oil
i don't break out.

Old 04-29-2003, 04:14 PM   #7

darkangel HB User
Thumbs up

i have tan skin, and i am now using beauty with out cruelty face wash. it does help to even out your skin tone. it is also said to help your scars heal, but that will take a while longer. i just started using it less than a month ago, so i havent seen much improvement yet with my scars. maybe you should give it a try. you can find it at health food stores. best of luck.

Closed Thread