It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2005, 09:00 PM   #1
(male)

kHan artist HB User
For Males - When did you grow out of your acne?

I know everyone is different, but I wanted to take a survey to see when males grew out of acne? And also, how long did you have it and how severe was it?

I'm 20 and have had acne since 12 and was hoping I'll grow out soon!!!

Last edited by kHan artist; 03-31-2005 at 09:02 PM.

Old 03-31-2005, 09:11 PM   #2
(male)

tidus 007 HB User
Re: For Males - When did you grow out of your acne?

if you have severe acne im afraid it will take quite a while to grow out of, only oral antibiotics willl help, but in general i had phases of acne as follows

12- a couple of zits
13 - mild facial acne
14 - moderate/severe facial acne ( used ampicillan)
15 - jawline acne
16 - mild facial acne / body acne (tarted tetracycline)
17 - face is clear / mild body acne
18 - face clear / body acne scars
19 - face clear / mild acne body scars

im 19 now, and the antibiotics are what helped if i let it go naturally id have facial scars for sure, so a little advice would be not to let it go, cause ive seen people with facial scars and it can seriously hinder your life, im lucky i can just wear a shirt until my scars fade, but the face you have to have in the open.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2005, 09:03 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Timber HB UserTimber HB User

Most men who have grown out of their acne probably don't have a reason to visit a message board on the topic of acne, so you may not get meaningful results here. Keep that in mind so that you don't get discouraged if few people say they've outgrown it.

Old 04-01-2005, 04:31 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Needzhelp HB User

It seems like it'll never end huh? It varys but most people say early 20's.

Old 04-01-2005, 06:16 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

dfwgoodguy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kHan artist
I know everyone is different, but I wanted to take a survey to see when males grew out of acne? And also, how long did you have it and how severe was it?

I'm 20 and have had acne since 12 and was hoping I'll grow out soon!!!

I say get ur digestive tract clean via bowel cleansers, and replace body with probiotics (good bacteria), read my post "acne help for you", i promise you'll either cure your acne, or get damn close.

Most peoples acne is prolonged because of them, even after they've "grown out" of it. As you pop, squeeze, and pick pimples, you cause bacteria to go deeper, which inturn comes back full force with cysts, or just spreads to other pores and causes inflamed pimples.

Fast tips..

Find your food that causes breakouts, eliminate it.

Wash twice a day.

Never pop/squeeze/pick a pimple ever. (yes a red spot is mentally easier than walking around with a whitehead on your face, but this is the biggest help of them all...the whiteheads will tone down as you stop messing with your face so much.)

No more harsh chemicals, creams, astringents, etc. Your face didn't require this before acne, why would it now?

Treat your face as if you don't have acne, more washing, using acne products and spot treatments, blah...stop em..this is a prime market for people wanting to keep you with acne to keep making money. These are short term helpers, but long term im sure they can mess with your face.

Good Luck, read my post...acne help for you....follow these, they sound difficult, but after a month, your face will improve, and it will be natural, and your acne will slowly get better.

Thats a promise....

Old 04-02-2005, 09:27 AM   #6
(male)

BallaLoc254 HB User

I hope i grow out of acne, sometimes from what i read on message boards, and with how persistant my acne is even with researching and doing everything in my power to control it, its still there. a timeline for me probably wouldn't work because of all the stuff I've tried but so far

Old 04-06-2005, 09:47 AM   #7

celtic_mom HB User

Hehe - sorry to butt in here, but I gotta tell you, you may never completely out grow it. My DH is 38 and he'll still get the occasional blemish. You don't get them as much, but you still have hormones and you still have pores, so you can still get pimples. The big difference is you just don't care as much. One great thing about age at least.

Old 04-07-2005, 06:09 AM   #8

EP734 HB User

Like it was said, this is an acne board, and everyone on here has real acne problems so don't get discouraged. As for me I'm 27 and have had acne since I was 11 or 12. As I got older the severity of my face began to lessen, but cysts on my back became worse, much worse. I finally went on Accutane, have 2 weeks left and am pretty much 100% clear.

Old 04-09-2005, 09:27 PM   #9

Mayze HB User

30 yrs old and I still have it. I'm pretty sure that at this age I'm not going to grow out of it.

Old 04-09-2005, 09:34 PM   #10

InTheDarkness HB User

I'm 18 and I've grown out of my acne pretty much.

Closed Thread