It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2005, 04:02 AM   #1
(male)

kHan artist HB User
ICING your face

I've been icing my face on and off for the past 6 months or so. My skin looks pretty good (Esp when well rested) when i ice my face 1-2 times a day after washing (10-15 min covering each part of the face). Its good for tightening pores and cutting down on inflammation and other stuff. At aestheticians offices, they use dry ice to kill the bacteria.

Also, I find that if you start getting a smooth (bumpless) red preacne mark..that icing that spot for 5-10 min will prevent any acne from coming up.

When i don't ice consistently, i tend to break out more. Its time consuming but worth it. There really seems to be no downsides to icing the face (Except if you do it TOO long). Alli do is get some crushed ice and put it in a clean ziplock bag.

Try it...it can't hurt you it can only help you.

Last edited by kHan artist; 04-03-2005 at 07:35 PM.

Old 04-07-2005, 12:15 PM   #2
(female)

MERZEE HB User
Re: ICING your face

Icing is one of the best things you can do for acne. I've been icing my face since I was 18 and now I'm 29. My derm back then, Dr. James Fulton - he's now retired, gave me that tip which really works!! Let me give you a tip on the ice. Get a styrofoam cup (I think that's how you spell it?), fill it half ways or more, frezze it. When you are ready to use it, just tear the styrofoam down to wear you can see it and keep tearing as it melts on your face. Your hands don't get cold this way. It's the best way to do it. I don't really have any pimples any more but I still ice from 5-10 minutes on each side and where needed just because I'm so used to it. It feels really nice and it will take down the swelling on pimples and the redness. Even if the pimple goes away and stays red, the icing will take away the red sooner. Trust me, I've been icing a long time! By the way, my derm recommended to ice for 2-5 minutes but I think it's better to do it longer. You can do it as you watch t.v. or something.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2005, 01:07 AM   #3
(male)

kHan artist HB User

excellent! that is good news. i don't know it doesn't seem very popular but it makes sense. I also like to do it an hour or two before going out to help cut down on redness and tighten pores so i'm less oily for the night. i definitely believe icing helps a lot!

Last edited by kHan artist; 04-09-2005 at 01:15 AM.

Old 04-09-2005, 04:37 PM   #4

Demi1960s HB User
Question Re: ICING your face

i cant really understand what that styrofoam cup is like? what's that? is it polystyrol? i've got a standard cup for making small ice cubes in a fridge...
but they're not good, cuz they're small and you have to use lots of em if you do your icing for several minutes...and they melt very quickly...

i've noticed that icing for a short time makes my skin more reddish...dont why...

Old 04-09-2005, 04:53 PM   #5

Pink00 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERZEE
Icing is one of the best things you can do for acne. I've been icing my face since I was 18 and now I'm 29. My derm back then, Dr. James Fulton - he's now retired, gave me that tip which really works!! Let me give you a tip on the ice. Get a styrofoam cup (I think that's how you spell it?), fill it half ways or more, frezze it. When you are ready to use it, just tear the styrofoam down to wear you can see it and keep tearing as it melts on your face. Your hands don't get cold this way. It's the best way to do it. I don't really have any pimples any more but I still ice from 5-10 minutes on each side and where needed just because I'm so used to it. It feels really nice and it will take down the swelling on pimples and the redness. Even if the pimple goes away and stays red, the icing will take away the red sooner. Trust me, I've been icing a long time! By the way, my derm recommended to ice for 2-5 minutes but I think it's better to do it longer. You can do it as you watch t.v. or something.
Hi, do you mean point the top of the open cup towards your face, and hold the ice directly on your skin? thanks!

Old 04-09-2005, 05:34 PM   #6
(male)

Indy007 HB User

I've been icing for over a year now and I swear by it. It's the best thing and it's cheap to do. I had extremely LARGE pores and due to icing the pores have shrinked 70-80%. Even the scars seem visibly less.

It helps get rid of the red marks and the acne seems to be under control. If I see a pimple coming up I ice it immediately and usually it subsides by the next day.

At night if I have time I'll rub an actual ice on my face until it melts (I know it's bloody cold but I find it's helps quite a bit). But for morning I have an ice pack. All the best fellow icers.

Old 04-10-2005, 01:03 AM   #7
(male)

Influence HB User

I can just get a zip-lock baggy and fill it up with ice and just move it all over my face?

Old 04-10-2005, 02:08 AM   #8
(male)

kHan artist HB User

thats the way i do it... but it really is best to put the ice directly on your face. i don't have time or tools to do in my dorm room, but when i'm home i use it directly and it is more effective that way.

Old 04-10-2005, 12:12 PM   #9
(male)

Influence HB User

I can just let it sit where my ance is at?

Does this help scars also?

I was thinking about buying Black soap it fades the scars and helps acne I guess & durning the day i'd use the ice. I think that'll help a lot.

Old 04-10-2005, 10:19 PM   #10
(female)

SuzyB0731 HB User

what's black soap??

Old 04-11-2005, 07:28 AM   #11
(female)

MERZEE HB User

Hey Pink00. Yes I mean the ice should go directly on your face. I know it's cold at the begining but then you get used to it and you don't even feel it. Your face will be red for a short while afterwards but then it goes away quickly. It really helps. Trust me. I still do it even though I don't break out that much.

Old 04-11-2005, 05:33 PM   #12
(male)

Influence HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyB0731
what's black soap??

It's an african bar soap.
Use the search on this website to find out more details.

Old 01-17-2006, 10:54 PM   #13
(male)

kHan artist HB User

I STARTED THIS THREAD and IRONICALLY I stopped icing consistently and i've pretty much stopped icing at all for the past month month in a half.

MY skin now is red and inflamed and gets many more break outs than before. My overall apperance is so much worse now then when i was icing. My pores appear much larger and i look so much older!

I'm convinced now icing is essential in my battle for acne.

I will update this after icing daily for a couple weeks. Hopefully then i'll be able to say good bye to the redness and inflammation and open pores.

i hope to return with some good news!

REDEDICATED ICER

Closed Thread