It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2005, 09:01 PM   #16

kittikat HB User
Re: Nothing Works

number48167,

my derm. said to never use noxema. It definitely clogs pores. Try neutrogena products. They are good for acne prone skin. Just a thougt.

Old 04-12-2005, 12:42 AM   #17
Senior Veteran
(male)

Andrew29 HB User

You and I seem like we're in the same boat. I'm 21 and been on Accutane 5 times. Is ur acne hereditary?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2005, 09:04 AM   #18
Senior Veteran
(female)

Timber HB UserTimber HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelps
Aspirin is too harsh to take daily. An asprin a day can burn a hole right through your intestines or stomach. Aspirin does help to stop the inflamation of the skin
Um... a ton of people take a low dose of aspirin daily for their cardiovascular health.

Old 04-13-2005, 04:51 PM   #19

number48167 HB User

Yeah my acne is hereditary. I don't get cysts, just red pimples and spots everywhere all the time.

Old 04-14-2005, 07:13 PM   #20
(female)

Lil'Pea HB User

I too would like to comment on the Proactiv....IT WORKS. I am 29 and have been a solid customer for 2 years. I wasn't covered in acne but had enough that made me feel like not leaving the house and it always got worse at 'certain times of the month'. Since I was a teenager, i looked for and tried different things and everything made me break out. So i tried it. And at first, my skin kinda got out of whack , but be two weeks it was looking better than it ever had. Now, I rarely get a pimple and when i do it is very short lived. AND my skin has a 'peaches and cream' look to it that i have never had but always wanted. I use to have a couple spots that were bumpy and rough,and that is completely gone. I SWEAR BY IT....and like someone else said: its guaranteed so you might as well try it. I think you'll like it. Good luck!

Old 04-14-2005, 11:10 PM   #21

InTheDarkness HB User

Just do what I did... I tried everything and it didn't work so just try doing nothing... can't hurt right?

Old 04-15-2005, 08:47 AM   #22
(female)

Sallie HB User

I had struggled with acne for over 20 years until I found the solution to my problem. I started having acne when I was in my early teens. I found this solution when I was in my late 20's. I am now 35 years old and my face is acne clear.

This solution also helped my boyfriend who had worse acne then me.

My solution is this:

Always wash your face with your hands. Do NOT use a wash cloth, sponge, etc. This spreads your acne. I wash my face with Apricot Scrub from the Nutrition Store. The first month or so take a zinc tablet daily. Keep shampoo from running down your face in the shower. You may also want to change your pillow case daily.

The antibacterial softsoap also works for acne. This might dry out your face a little bit. You can put aloe vera on your face for the dry skin. Any perfumed product makes me breakout so I stay away from them.

I was staying away from foods that caused acne. I don't need to now. I can eat or drink anything I want to now.

This is a cheap and easy solution. I only wish I would have figured it out years ago.

Good Luck!

Last edited by Sallie; 04-15-2005 at 09:07 AM.

Old 04-15-2005, 11:42 AM   #23
Senior Veteran
(female)

skimom HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallie
I had struggled with acne for over 20 years until I found the solution to my problem. I started having acne when I was in my early teens. I found this solution when I was in my late 20's. I am now 35 years old and my face is acne clear.

This solution also helped my boyfriend who had worse acne then me.

My solution is this:

Always wash your face with your hands. Do NOT use a wash cloth, sponge, etc. This spreads your acne. I wash my face with Apricot Scrub from the Nutrition Store. The first month or so take a zinc tablet daily. Keep shampoo from running down your face in the shower. You may also want to change your pillow case daily.

The antibacterial softsoap also works for acne. This might dry out your face a little bit. You can put aloe vera on your face for the dry skin. Any perfumed product makes me breakout so I stay away from them.

I was staying away from foods that caused acne. I don't need to now. I can eat or drink anything I want to now.

This is a cheap and easy solution. I only wish I would have figured it out years ago.

Good Luck!

Is Apricot Scrub the name of it? What is the Nutrition Store? Can you describe the zinc table. mgs? Brand Name? Is it zinc picolinate or something else?

Old 04-15-2005, 04:45 PM   #24
(female)

Sallie HB User

It is called Apricot Facial Scrub made by GNC. It is fragrance free, with Aloe Vera, and Vitamin E. It comes in a 2 oz tube with green writing on it. I am from Ohio it costs $1.99 for me to purchase this at the General Nutrition Center it is distributed by General Nutrition Corp, Pittsburgh, PA 15222.

The Zinc is Natural Zinc form Spring Valley this can be purchased at Walmart. It is 50 mg. It is manufactured by Perrigo, Allegan, MI 49010.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by Sallie; 04-15-2005 at 04:52 PM.

Old 04-15-2005, 05:37 PM   #25
Senior Veteran
(female)

skimom HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallie
It is called Apricot Facial Scrub made by GNC. It is fragrance free, with Aloe Vera, and Vitamin E. It comes in a 2 oz tube with green writing on it. I am from Ohio it costs $1.99 for me to purchase this at the General Nutrition Center it is distributed by General Nutrition Corp, Pittsburgh, PA 15222.

The Zinc is Natural Zinc form Spring Valley this can be purchased at Walmart. It is 50 mg. It is manufactured by Perrigo, Allegan, MI 49010.

Hope this helps!

Thank you

Old 04-15-2005, 05:39 PM   #26
(female)

Jelohi HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber
Um... a ton of people take a low dose of aspirin daily for their cardiovascular health.
That would be a low-dose aspirin (not regular) that is used for heart health.

Old 04-16-2005, 11:11 AM   #27

number48167 HB User

Is there anywhere you can buy proactiv without having to order it online?

Old 04-16-2005, 02:28 PM   #28

JiminyBiscuit HB User

when i used proactiv it helped me for about 4-5 months. my acne slowly came back and got even worse than it was when i started. i thought that the 'renewing cleanser' that comes with it is too rough and abrasive and irritated my skin.
i would not recommend proactiv but if you wish to give it a try and don't want to order online, a lot of malls have kiosks set up in the middle where you can purchase it.
best of luck.

Old 04-16-2005, 02:35 PM   #29
(female)

Lil'Pea HB User

You can also go online just to get the phone number and then ask them where the nearest retailer is in your area.....i reccomend you try it. If it stops working for you, you can get your money back and if you've tried everything else you might as well! I wish you luck!

Old 04-17-2005, 03:27 AM   #30
(male)

beatboxkid HB User

the only thing thats ever worked for me is zinyert topical solution, which dry you're skin out so much it makes you look ancient. Another thing which works is liquid tcp, but it hurts like hell when put on you're face, and it absouletly stinks. I use to wipe my face and neck down with tcp and cotton wool pads, then take along shower to wash it of, and wash of the smell. It did get rid of my acne.
I dont bother doing it anymore though, its well to much hassle

Closed Thread