It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2005, 11:33 PM   #1
(female)

spotty99 HB User
"orange peel" skin texture - any advise?

Although my skin FEELs real smooth and soft, it doesn't LOOK smooth or soft. My skin has that "orange peel" texture - it is only obvious in certain lighting and it really look horrible. Does anyone here know what I can do to reduce this effect? I am currently going for gycolic peels and will start on micro derm soon but I really don't know whether these will help much. And I am not too keen on any invasive treatment like dermabrasion. My derm says that my scaring is superficial. Any advise is greatly appreciated especially if you have the same problem too - thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2005, 09:50 AM   #2

Terihe HB User
Re: "orange peel" skin texture - any advise?

You may want to talk to your derm about Obagi. This will definately improve your skin.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2005, 10:18 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

veggie girl HB User

Is the orange peel look on your face or the rest of the body? And, is the orange peel look caused by many small dark scars giving the appearance of a dimpled complexion or is it actually dimpled?

Old 04-24-2005, 02:27 PM   #4
(female)

Boston50 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotty99
Although my skin FEELs real smooth and soft, it doesn't LOOK smooth or soft. My skin has that "orange peel" texture - it is only obvious in certain lighting and it really look horrible. Does anyone here know what I can do to reduce this effect? I am currently going for gycolic peels and will start on micro derm soon but I really don't know whether these will help much. And I am not too keen on any invasive treatment like dermabrasion. My derm says that my scaring is superficial. Any advise is greatly appreciated especially if you have the same problem too - thanks!

Does your derm think this superficial scarring will fade on it's own? sometimes it'll subside on its own over time.

Last edited by Boston50; 04-24-2005 at 02:27 PM.

Old 04-25-2005, 07:46 AM   #5
(female)

spotty99 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggie girl
Is the orange peel look on your face or the rest of the body? And, is the orange peel look caused by many small dark scars giving the appearance of a dimpled complexion or is it actually dimpled?
Veggie girl - the orange peel look is just on my face. It's definately dimpled. The red marks have basically faded away that you can't really see them unless you are really close to me which is good news right....however, I now noticed that the dimpled look is more obvious now that the red marks have faded away. I should say too that I have some rolling scars and a couple of box cars on my cheeks - I think causing the orange peel look?

Boston girl - my derm wasn't too impressed with my acne scars in that he thought it was "mild" and that it would fade away. I know the red marks will fade away and I am not really bothered by them. But I do know that I DO definately have scars which WILL NOT fade away in time.

Old 01-19-2011, 01:40 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

lisamariemoon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotty99 View Post
A TCA PEEL WORKS GOOD.U NEED A SERIES OF 6 GLYCOLIC PEELS TO PREP YOUR SKIN 4 PROCEDURE.DONT TRY THIS AT HOME.IT IS REAL EASY TO SCAR YOURSELF WORSE IF U DONT KNOW WHAT UR DOING.U CAN BUY A MICRODERM MACHINE ON EBAY THATS JUST AS EFFECTIVE AS GOING TO THE DOCTORS AND GETTING IT 4 AROUND 200 DOLLARS.YOU WANT TO GET A DIAMOND TIPPED MICRODERMABRASION MACHINE.THEY ARE USED IN SALONS AND MEDI SPAS.YOU DONT HAVE TO USE CRYSTALS WITH THESE MACHINES AND YOU CAN USE IT WEEKLY.ITS A GREAT INVESTMENT.AND EASY 2 USE.YOUTUBE HAS DEMOS ON HOW TO USE DIAMOND TIPPED MICRODERMABRASION MACHINE.I GOT ONE AND I LOVE IT,MY MOM LOVES IT.JUST DONT OVERUSE IT.IT WILL POLISH AND EXFOILATE YOUR SKIN,AFTER 10 TO 15 TREATMENTS YOU WILL SEE A BIG DIFFERENCE.THE DOCTOR WILL CHARGE YOU ALOT OF MONEY 2 GET THE SAME RESULTS.

Closed Thread