It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2003, 09:16 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

poreoilyme HB User
Exclamation l/2 hour on Taz

Well, the Taz has been on my skin for a half hour and I am really checking it carefully, fearing burns. Something interesting is happening, however. I have oil gushing out of my pores and my skin is already very greasy in just that one half hour. I've never seen this happen quite so dramatically except when I used Retin-A. Since they are both Vit. A derivatives, I hope I'm not in for the same problems all over again. I know, this is far too premature to know, but it is kind of scary because Retin-A really ruined my face. I'm going to wash it off at the forty-five- minute mark for my first try. At least I won't be wearing this during the day as I did with the Retin-A so maybe I'll reap the benefits this time instead of being overrun by the treatment. I think Retin-A was really overkill on my face and made my oil glands work overtime to try to compensate for its harshness.

[This message has been edited by poreoilyme (edited 05-02-2003).]

Old 05-01-2003, 10:14 PM   #2
Veteran

EMMANUEL HB User
Hi poreoliy

Did you wear retin-a during the daytime? You're supposed to wear it at night. I agree with you about the oil having to overcompensate with the RA.

I never had oil gushing out of my pores from the taz--are you on cream or gel? What %. Maybe you put too much on?

Good Luck!

Peace

~*Emma*~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2003, 10:38 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

poreoilyme HB User
Back when I used Retin-A they told me to use it day and night after washing. See what I mean about overkill? You can imagine how bad my face used to look.

I have the .l% cream. My face always reacts to new things, so like I said, it's way too premature to tell. I guess I'm just worrying too much like I always do when I try something new. I should know better. Time will tell. That Mint Julep mask made my face swell the first time or two and now my skin likes it. It's just a matter of perseverence. I only used a very tiny amount and rubbed it in well to make sure no excess was on my skin. I'm a less is more person, so I always proceed with caution.

Thanks for staying with me on this. I guess I need some hands to hold after hearing so many horror stories about Taz burns and with my past experiences with Retin-A.

Old 05-01-2003, 10:47 PM   #4

mousee HB User
yeah retin a made my normal face became extremely oily too. Im switching to taz soon, keep us posted on how u are doing.

Old 05-02-2003, 09:57 PM   #5
Veteran

EMMANUEL HB User
Poreoily,
I can't believe they had you use it 2x a day...who were these advisors of yours--we're so much better, lol
~Emma

Peace

~*Emma*~

Old 05-02-2003, 10:05 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

poreoilyme HB User
Right-O!

Old 05-03-2003, 06:13 AM   #7
(female)

amb1 HB User
I was told to use 1 application at night, as well.

Daytime was Duac.

Really liked the combo.

Old 05-03-2003, 06:15 AM   #8
(female)

amb1 HB User
Plus, my concentation was .05%... maybe the .1 is too much of you. I know I definitely had effects with .05 (purging like I'd never purged before, and dry skin) but NO burns. Not too oily either.

Just a thought!

Old 05-03-2003, 06:56 PM   #9
Senior Veteran

poreoilyme HB User
It is definitely purging already, or just really bad skin tone now and causing it to breakout. It's funny how just three days on something can make your entire face like so terrible.

Closed Thread