It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2003, 10:40 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

poreoilyme HB User
Post Taz on forehead, BP on face?

Okay, by the end of Day 3, I have about five lumps under my skin, blotches and a cyst on my nose, all from Taz. A replay of my experinces with Retin-A. So, I'm wondering if anyone has tried using two different products at the same time. I cannot afford to have an entire face of cysts and bumps like this. My neck is even breaking out and I am extremely oily.

What do you think about me using the Taz only on my forehead as an experiment area, then using the BP and Ketsugo on the rest of my face? I would rather just forget the purging if it means months of looking this horrendous with no guarantee it will ever work, even after that time! My face wasn't that bad before and my large pores sat just fine where they were, especially if this is the trade-off.

Or, another option would be to just use the Taz on my chest and go back to my previous routine that was working, despite the oil. The oil increase and breakouts are far worse. It's all such a gamble.

The funny thing is, retinoids make my skin LOOK more broken out than it actually is. Clear areas even look spotty and broken out, even though nothing is really there, if that makes any sense. I do, however, have some seriously blogged pores now which are bulging out of my face as I write this and it is not a pretty sight.

Any suggestions?

Old 05-04-2003, 06:06 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

scouselad1974 HB User
Hiya i'm sorry to hear about the breakout with the taz,if you are using ketsugo i would not use any order products with it as it's ment to be a stand alone product,i don't think it works if you use B.P etc with it.
Lol you seem to be trying lots of different stuff i have to give you that,i hope one of them works for you becuase it must be costing you a fortune.
Isn't the B5 doing its job for you anymore?
I find that it's great at controlling red spots etc but it does nothing for blackheads.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2003, 06:09 AM   #3

lemongrass HB User
Yeah I'm sorry to hear about the Taz too. I was going to procure some if it was working for you because it sounds like we have similar skin types. I am running out of B5 and my dealer (haha) can't get any here until the end of this week so I'm sure I'm going to erupt into cysts and the thought is depressing. Scouse, even Accutane didn't get rid of my blackheads I have really bad ones in my nose, chin and between my eyes- it's like permanant holes filled with black and white gunk that just never goes away.

Old 05-04-2003, 09:23 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

poreoilyme HB User
I'm back to the Ketsugo. It really seems promising. I read on some websites last night that you actually can use BP with it, so this will work for me. I can also maintain a good skine tone with it, and it leaves no greasy film.

The Taz is just too risky. I just can't handle looking so bad when I was finally looking so good. I guess I'll just use it on my chest and forget about ever putting retinoids on my face again. That was 3 tries now and all the same. Since I rode it out for over a year before and nothing changed, I don't need to waste my time and face like that again.

Wish we could sell the stuff we have to ditch to others who are desperate for it!

Old 05-04-2003, 10:37 AM   #5
Veteran

EMMANUEL HB User
Hi poreoily

I'm wondering if maybe you're trying too many new products at once. I think maybe you should stick with the ketsugo and Bp for now, and put the taz on the back burner for awhile, and give the B5, ketsugo, and Bp a run in order to see if it works for you. It's bad science to keep switching your experiment around, and we are using trial and error here--it's hard to determine what works and what doesn't when you switch products every month, considering they take about 2-3 months to work. I'm giving the taz 2-3 months, and then I'm re-evaluating, but I'm not adding anything new into the mix, b/c then, if it works, I won't know why, lol; however, if it doesn't work, I know to try a whole new regiment.

Also, I'm afraid that B5 causes cysts--I remember people on here giving up on it. I have heard good things about jojoba though, although I refuse to try it, b/c I think it will just clog my pores--I don't care what Marti says
~Emma

Peace

~*Emma*~

Old 05-04-2003, 11:46 AM   #6
Senior Veteran

poreoilyme HB User
Thanks for the long reply. I swear to you jojoba doesn't do that--I was the worst skeptic ever--oil on oil? However, it has done amazing things for my skin and it is not getting clogged from it. It just makes your skin look so healthy and the tone evens out. Your skin just seems "stronger" somehow. I love it.

With no Taz for a day and a half, both of those emerging cysts have already completely gone down and disappeared--I put BHA and a heavy coat of BP on them several times yesterday and overnight. I have just one large bump on my chin from the Taz that will take a bit more effort to get rid of. I think I must be allergic to retinoids or something. I just get terrible instant breakouts when I put them on my skin.
B5 has given me no cysts. I had none until the Taz and now without it, like I said, 2 of the 3 are already gone.

I have a habit of doing patch tests before I apply anything to my entire face so I can see what the results are. Unfortunately, Taz was the only exception, though I did also do a patch test on one area of my chest that was covered in whiteheads by the next morning--and only in that one spot.

Well, I'm cutting out my product frenzy and sticking with what I like so far. I'm going to save the Clinac OC for about a month or two from now so it won't effect these other things I'm trying.

My biggest skepticism is about these initial breakout products. I've tried a lot of things over the years and l00% of the time, if they break me out right away, it just never gets any better. I used to believe in the purge phenomena so completely that I would go a year at a time on something, despite drastic declines in my skin. No more. Products that work right away or within a week or two always seem to be persistently helpful over the long haul. BP has been my buddy for over ten years now and pretty hard to beat. Now I can add jojoba to that after a couple of weeks with great results. B5 hasn't done much for the oil, but it hasn't been given a good chance under stable conditions yet, so I'm holding out on my assessment of it. My scalp oil, however, has definitely decreased, so that is a good sign. With a more calming and consistent routine, I would think that I should be noticing the same effect on my face fairly soon.

Good luck to all of you. I probably won't be posting as much now that I've pretty much discovered what I'm after, but I will try to check in periodically, especially to see how everyone else is doing!

Old 05-04-2003, 06:33 PM   #7
Senior Veteran

DeeDeeWith3 HB User
Unhappy

sorry about your taz nightmare, butI too think it is product overload for you. Ok now, what are you gonna limit your regimen to? Wishing you flattened cysts and a smile tomorrow in the mirror!

Old 05-04-2003, 07:50 PM   #8
Senior Veteran

poreoilyme HB User
They're flat, except for one stubborn one that is odd because it doesn't hurt and nothing seems to be in it, but it is big and round. Thanks for the wishes!

My regimen (I feel like a hypocrite, I've vowed to so many different things on here, he, he):

Burt's Bees lettuce soap, jojoba oil, Ketsugo spray and then BP as needed--twice a day. B5 8 grams/day by mouth. The only REALLY new thing is the Ketsugo that I only used four times--it did immediately tighten my pores and didn't irritate my skin. I need to give it a chance.

The glow is starting to come back again . . ..

Old 05-05-2003, 01:50 AM   #9

Summit 71 HB User
I think you should try differin instead of Tazorac. I had much better luck. My face is a lot less irritated and less breaking out. It did take like 7 weeks.

By the way, none of the dietary and over the counter things I tried worked. I think they're a waste of time if you have serious acne.

Reply Reply