It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2003, 12:53 PM   #1

stefano620 HB User
Post Clindamycin Phospate

Hi, I have acne that's not terrible, but worse enough for my mom to send me to the doctor. He perscribed som Clindamycin phosphate topical soution. I just wanted to know if anyone here has that/likes it/works well or whatnot. What are ur opinions?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2003, 06:54 PM   #2

Sparkle0036 HB User
This is Cleocin T...probably some other posts on this board if you want to look them up. I used it, but it did not help with my acne.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2003, 07:30 PM   #3

kweli HB User
worked great..took 5 months but saw great reduction in redness and swelling...love the stuff

Old 03-11-2003, 07:48 PM   #4

SobeStar HB User
I used a Clindamycin topical for a while for my back and it did help - took a couple months - good luck!

Old 03-24-2003, 01:58 PM   #5

noaveragejo HB User
After trying the Clindamycin pledgletes (originally prescribed for body breakouts but found to work great on my face) I was then prescribed the Clindamycin Phosphate. I was excited because I thought it would work even better than the pledgletes, considering it was a lotion form that would be absorbed into my skin better. I was wrong. I can't say it didn't work. It had some results but I had much better results with the pledgletes. My dermatologist explained it may have had something to do with a higher alcohol content in combonation with the Clindamycin. I suggest working with whatever you find works best for you. I also had pretty good results with Benzaclin and I noticed that many messages posted on this board reported just the opposite. Good luck!

Old 03-24-2003, 08:42 PM   #6

brian_20 HB User
Clindamycin in SOLUTION form saved my life. Seriously I was so busted and no other prescription topicals worked for me except this one. The lotion and gel form of clindamycin are not nearly as effective as one poster already said. But you have the solution form so if you give it time you should be pleased with the results.

Old 03-25-2003, 07:10 AM   #7

Rousie13 HB User
I used this stuff for about three months and saw absolutely no improvement, it actually seemed to get worse. My doctor put me back on benzamyacin topical until I get to the derm and it seemed to make my acne improve over night (still not clear yet though).

Old 04-10-2003, 01:51 AM   #8

sherlady HB User
My daughter and I both tried it for several months and we both saw no improvement, and in fact our acne got worse. Her skin is not oily, but mine is.

Old 05-03-2003, 11:50 AM   #9

atruthless23 HB User
hey. im a new user, and i'd just like to say that when i was 13 i had a little bit of acne (but not as bad as i have it now). it helped back then, but now it is not cysts or anything like that, but i do have alot of scars on my face from popping alot of my pimples and then again i have pimples also that are not popped. i just got put back on the clindamycin phosphate topical solution pads (not the tiny pledgets, the regular acne-like pads)
and i have not used it yet. i have very sensitive skin, adn also very dry skin. iam currently using stridex anti bacterial herbal foam wash, and have seen some improvement, but not that much. the good thing about it is it doenst dry out my skin or dry it like most products do. after i wash my face with it, i use a stridex aloe sensitive skin pad. i was wondering if i could use the clindamycin pad, in replace of the stridex pad, but still use the face wash.

ps: i was also wondering if clindamycin can irritate acne scars, or if it has irritated any of you guys that maybe have used it that have had scars from popping pimples. please, this is urgent, please write me back, so i can know if it is safe to use the pads, so i can use them a.s.a.p

thanks

Old 05-03-2003, 06:43 PM   #10

frenchvanilla_00 HB User
Thumbs down

i was on clindamycin for 5 yrs it cleared my face up perfectly. but going on the 5th yr it stopped working! i think my skin got immuned to it. so just remember this only works for a couple of yrs but it does work! one major side effect i had w/ it is it made my face so oily on my forehead!!!! now i'm using neutrogena products and its working wonders.

Old 05-05-2003, 09:11 AM   #11

tariel HB User
It didn't really work for me. Previously I had used the solution based, but I found that very difficult to apply under makeup, so i reguested the derm to switch it to gel form, and it has absolutely no effect on the zits.

Closed Thread