It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2005, 09:59 AM   #1
(female)

sabrinaa HB User
Smile acnose cream, sugar scrub, and calamine lotion with antihistamine, ITS WORKING

heres what im doing and its working.
i had bad bad acne, red and swelled and big. but now my face is smooth except for a few bumps and scars left.

heres what i do...

at night i use:
cetaphil oily skin cleanser, then a sugar facial (only everyother night).
I just get normal sugar and wet my face and fingers and dip my fingers in and use it directly as a scrub, then i use clayton and shagal acnose cream. I got it from the derm and it feels very nice and its thick so you dont need much.

in the morning i use:
cetaphil oily skin cleanser, then the acnose cream and when it dries i put on a layerof CALAMINE LOTION WITH ANTIHISTAMINE. Its normaly used ofr bug bites to reduce swelling and redness but works for acne too.. so then i have a smooth surface to apply foundation, i dont even need concealer anymore becauase the calamine w/ anti-h covers good and reduces redness and swelling..

maybe it will work for you too...

good luck,
sabrina

Old 05-13-2005, 01:06 AM   #2

pick_n_pock HB User
Re: acnose cream, sugar scrub, and calamine lotion with antihistamine, ITS WORKING

This sounds very interesting. I have a few questions.

Does the calamine lotion flake off during the day? and does it have to have antihistamines in it?
What are the ingredients of the acnose cream?
Apart from the benefits of exfoliation does the sugar have any other benefits for acne prone skin?
What is this difference between Cetaphil gentlecleanser and the one for oily skin?

Thanks...that's all for now

Last edited by pick_n_pock; 05-13-2005 at 01:08 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2005, 01:04 PM   #3
(female)

sabrinaa HB User
Re: acnose cream, sugar scrub, and calamine lotion with antihistamine, ITS WORKING

hey,

no the calamine lotion doesnt flake during the day.. just dont out it on thick, or it stars to peel. if you just lightly put a layer on it stays put.

The derm recommended calamine with anti-h, so i thinik its probably better to use it with antihistamine in it.

The ingredients for the acnose cream :

caprylic/capric triglyceride,
coco caprytate/caprate,
glyceryl stearate,
Glycerine,
Cethyl Alcohol,
Ceteareth,
Glyceryl Cocoate,
Triethanolamine,
water

I dont know what half the stuff is, but its working

I just know, that sugar is suppose to be good for acne. My derm told me they have a laser that uses something from sugarcane, so sugar must be good.

As for cetaphil, i prefer the oily skin cleanser because i dont think the gentle cleanser one gets rid of all the dirt and makeup, but the oily skin one does a better job. PLus i have oily skin so it helps control it better

Hope this helps!

-sabrina

Old 05-14-2005, 02:30 AM   #4

pick_n_pock HB User

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly...I've been looking at trying to find a spot treament to use under my foundation that doesn't clump or peel, so I might give the calamine a whirl

Thanks again for the tip!

Old 05-14-2005, 06:39 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Crossbow HB User

If this is working, then what you had wasn't true acne - it was a reaction to something in your environment.

Old 05-15-2005, 08:06 AM   #6
(female)

sabrinaa HB User

I think it was because i stopped using proactiv.

It stripped my skin so I think the acne i had was triggered by it stripping my skin and now my skins finally returning back to normal. But its taking less time to return to normal now that im using what i am. Its working faster than any other product ive tried.

-sabrina

Old 05-24-2005, 09:19 AM   #7

pick_n_pock HB User

I've been trying out the calamine lotion under my foundation for about a week now and i do like it. But I find it hard to control the amount I apply and also can't quite figure out the best time to apply my foundation. If the calamine is too liquid it just gets diluted by my foundation, to dry and it doesn't blend...any suggestions?

It does help with inflamed pimples though... shrinks them right away.

Closed Thread