It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2005, 10:42 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl2005_21 HB User
Question Is it necessary to moisturize???

I was just wondering because last night I applied my Klaron topical and I didn't put on my cetaphil moisturizer. I woke up this morning and my pimples are dried up and less visible. I used to have clear skin and I never moisturized. Do some people not need extra moisture? Has anyone had better success with their acne w/out moisturizing all the time?

Old 05-19-2005, 01:23 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

arock HB User
Re: Is it necessary to moisturize???

imo, no, you do not need to moisturize. i usually let my face be my guide, if it feels tight or dry, then i'll slap some lotion on, if not, then forget it. i was moisturizing every night and day and not noticing the pimples slowing down, but now i spot moisturize where it seems dry or flaky, and usually just at night, or in the day, but only in trouble spots, like smile lines and around my eyes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2005, 01:28 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

waterlily HB User

I need to moisturize everyday. When I have breakouts, I just don't put the moisturizer over the zits.

Old 05-19-2005, 06:43 PM   #4
(female)

bigbadfroggie HB User

i have very oil and VERY shiny skin and i dont like to use a lot of moisturiser. i will always use it though if my faces feels or looks dry and tight. i dont apply it at night because i dont like it to add to the sweat and everything u get when u sleep, but for about the past month i have been applying it in the morning because it just makes my face feel better after i put a little bit on. i compinsate tho with using toner before, so it evens out. hope i helped

Old 05-22-2005, 01:17 PM   #5
(female)

star9763 HB User

Yes you should moisturize every morning and night. You need to keep your face moisturizer as much as possible. Use one with spf 15-30 for an even better benefit. Trust me when you get older you will thank yourself..

Old 05-22-2005, 02:46 PM   #6
(female)

SweetAmy87 HB User

i have also heard that even though it isnt necessary to moisturize that you should always anyways because people will get wrinkles at a younger age if they never moisturize. Im 18 so i cant say whether its true or not, but many older people and even makeup artists say that it is...but i still only moisturize when i need it lol

Closed Thread