It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2005, 02:50 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

daystar91 HB User
This is so gross and embrassing, I need help

Hi,
Does anyone have a solution to acne on the back???I have put up a thread before about acne but i have used some of the stuff that was mention like cetaphil...Right now i'm using neutrogena body scrub which is not working, i've been using this for about three months....I have never really had a acne problem on my back of all places but as of today i'm covered...It's not just small little ones here or there it's all over, gross....It's so embrassing i'm not going to want to wear any tanks this year...What could be causing this problem???

Old 05-19-2005, 03:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

skimom HB User
Re: This is so gross and embrassing, I need help

Make sure you are using a back brush. Try head and shoulders dandruff shampoo on a back brush. Also, my daughter once got very good results using Nature's Cure for Body Acne. Not so much the pills but the spray that comes with it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2005, 03:25 PM   #3

tuberville HB User

Use both a salicylic acid scrub (St. Ives is the best) and a benzoyl peroxide (e.g., Clean & Clear) treatment. Make sure to use a white towel, as BP causes bleaching.

Good luck.

Old 05-19-2005, 03:52 PM   #4

rocknroll1234 HB User

Maybe you could try switching the washing powder/liquid you use to wash your clothes. Something like non-bio for sensitive skin.

Old 05-19-2005, 03:59 PM   #5
(male)

Ngfan4lyfe HB User

I'm using Phisoderm Body Wash now. I know Nuetrogena didn't work for me either... I haven't been using the Phisoderm long enough to be able to tell, but it seems better.

Old 05-19-2005, 04:01 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Shakira HB User

Are you on a birth control pill? I was and for years i had back acne, then last year i came off it and after 4 months, i was completely clear. I still am, 8 months later.

Old 05-19-2005, 04:39 PM   #7

tuberville HB User

I don't think I have so far encountered one half-decent Neutrogena product. And I've tried quite a few.

Old 05-19-2005, 08:06 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

daystar91 HB User

Hi again,
Thanks for all the replies....I'm not using birth control pills....I have tried St. Ives for my face but not for my back, if i remember correctly i did have good results with St. Ives...A friend of mine mention that tanning would help acne, is that true???The thing that so much bothers me is that i do every now and then have acne on my face but never on my back why is it happening now after all this time....I'm 28 years old and i haven't changed anything in food or detergent...

Old 05-20-2005, 09:14 PM   #9
(female)

marykatherine HB User

I have had acne on the face for probably 10-12 years now and never on my back and chest until 4 months ago. I haven't changed soaps, detergents, etc....my doc prescribed me clindamycin tabs (didn't work at all) and lachydrin (i love that stuff). My back acne is worse now. I have been using the perfume/dye free detergent in case it is causing some reaction but it doesn't help. I wish I knew what else to do. I do, at times, apply the clindamycin solution I use for my face on my chest and back but it really doesn't help much either. I also agree with the poster who said they have yet to try a decent Neutrogena product!!! I suppose it depends on the person. Some people use them faithfully.

Closed Thread