It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2005, 09:54 PM   #1
(female)

no_storybook HB User
Question Which Product is Better...

i have read many previous posts, but for those that have tried several products, which is better for hyperpigmentation and small scars?

glycolic/kojic/lactic acid skin lightening gel (any irritations, breakouts, deeper scarring?)

or camiella oil, or jojoba oil (irritations, breakouts...)

i like to use very natural ingredients and these seem like good choices.

please advice and personal experiences.

i just recently purchased the lightening gel, but i haven't used it yet. could i be able to use the camiella oil along with it. would it makes things worse, or just speed up the process?

thank you!

Old 05-20-2005, 01:35 AM   #2
(female)

tracy0021 HB User
Re: Which Product is Better...

i have never tried those particular things, but i really like the loreal microdermabrasion home kit, it has really worked wonders for my face and its so much smoother also. it has completely gotten rid of brown spots from the sun and is really a great product. also it has worked wonders on those pale pink marks left from pimples. i hope you will try it!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2005, 11:53 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

waterlily HB User

If your scars are just red marks/brown spots, glycolic/kojic/lactic acid skin lightening gel will do. It will help hyperpigmentation too. But if you have indents, I don't think it will do anything.

For the oils, my personal experience is that camellia oil has helped tremendously with plumping up my acne scar indents, though it took many months to see results. I haven't seen or heard of jojoba oil with this kind of results. For me jojoba is simply a nice moisturizer. I never had any breakouts from camellia oil and jojoba oil. But some people do.

You can use camellia oil with the lightening gel. The gel for pigmentation and the oil for indents.

Old 05-21-2005, 06:22 AM   #4
(female)

no_storybook HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterlily
For the oils, my personal experience is that camellia oil has helped tremendously with plumping up my acne scar indents, though it took many months to see results.

i just noticed that my new sunscreen (Neutrogena Sensetive Skin spf 30) has camellia oleifera leaf extract in it. do you think this is just as good as directly putting the oil on my face?
thank you

Closed Thread